ForumsThe TavernKid or Adult?

43 7579
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

Would you rather be a kid/teen, not having any worries about a job, with barely any responsibilities, not a very fun and interesting life? Or an adult, who has lots of responsibilities, who leads a fun and interesting life, a great job, kids, an amazing spouse, and has a 'good life'? I think I would choose to be a n adult, have a wife, three kids, make lots of money and consider life: "Good". XD!!!

• 43 Replies
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

I would stay 16. I don't like alchohol, and even if I did I just wouldn't have to drink publicly. I can also drive and have a job at this age.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Decreased intelligence

I hope you're kidding, because intelligence doesn't change as you get older. Knowledge does, but you aren't getting any smarter by knowing how to hammer a nail into a two-by-four.

Children are no stupider than adults, just significantly more ignorant. They haven't lived any measurable life yet, what do you expect?

I'd be an adult. More things to do, I guess. I don't have to break the law to get wasted at a party.
DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

I would be an adult. I would never, and I repeat, never choose to be a perpetual minor, even under penalty of death

Wow... this seems a little extreme doesn't it? You would rather die than to become a kid/teen again? Somebody had a rough childhood...
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would want to be a kid. Pretty much because I am lazy and don't want to do all the work that comes with being an adult.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I hope you're kidding, because intelligence doesn't change as you get older. Knowledge does, but you aren't getting any smarter by knowing how to hammer a nail into a two-by-four.

Children are no stupider than adults, just significantly more ignorant. They haven't lived any measurable life yet, what do you expect?

Fine, I admit I may have worded that wrong. But you can't possibly deny that a typical (note: typical) minor sounds comparatively stupid vs. adults?
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

I would rather be a kid. You can make mistakes and do over where as an adult if you make a huge mistake you have to take all the blame and it affects everything else in your life. Plus, as a kid, you dont have to deal with bills, getting a job, providing for your family, etc.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I think I would go with somewhere between 18-21. I had the most freedom and the fewest responsibilities then.

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

I'd rather be an adult, IMHO it has more pros.

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

When one grows up, he/she will definitely regret wanting to grow up so fast and become an adult. I mean, you only get to be a kid for 17 years of your life, and before you know it, that time will be gone. So to those who are still young, enjoy it while you can because you'll be old and gray before you know it.

I'd rather be a kid.

ozgirl1985
ozgirl1985
1 posts
Nomad

That's a good question - do you have to be what you chose indefinitely or if you opt to be a child will you grow into an adult?

My childhood was pretty dysfuntional- Emotionally abusive mother, physically and emotionally abusive brother and a father whose job required him to travel 90% of the time (they were divorced anyway so it's not like it would have made a difference).

Having said that, even if given the option for a better childhood (one where I could relax, play arcade games with friends and a have a seemingly "simple" life) I probably would still opt to be an adult because, as an adult, I have the power to choose how I live my life and who is in it (I don't have to be subject to verbal abuse, etc).

Even though adulthood comes with great responsibility, it's also full of so much potential to be who you want to be. There are certain obligations that I wish I didn't have to deal with (taxes are the front runner in my mind there) but I wouldn't trade my life (husband, daughter, dog, house, job) for the world.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

i would like to be a child for ever
there are more pros
- no resposiblities
- gaming for ever
- having more fun than adults
- eating candy
- no work to do

the only con is
[b]SCHOOL
*AAAAAHHHHHHHH*

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

STUPID BOLD WONT WORK

WELL NOW IT WORKS, I HOPE SO =)

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

well, if you are a child/teen you can play games, go to school and enjoy your life. if you arean adult you can drive a car, can have sex but you must work or you can sleep under a brtidge.

kids want to be old while adults want to be young.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Early 20's adults will do for me XD

kingjackdt
kingjackdt
20 posts
Nomad

kid all the way then when i grow up adult

Showing 16-30 of 43