ForumsThe TavernDogs or Cats ?

48 7058
kingjackdt
kingjackdt
20 posts
Nomad

i thinks dogs are so much better then cats but my friend likes cats and i dont like cats probably coz im allergic i dunno

• 48 Replies
DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

Dogs for me, and not those small little annoying chewawa's. I wan't something big and mean!

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I would have to say dog. Cats are just not my type...

Possum9
Possum9
70 posts
Nomad

Could i say both? i mean cats are nice, but dogs, you can play with

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

but dogs, you can play with

You can play with cats too.

I like both, but dogs are usually really "in your face." They're more likely to make a mess of the house, and require you for more things. Cats will do their own thing until you want to be with them and can go in/outside. Cats also don't drool on you or poop in the house, but to be fair cats can spray in the house also. I think cats are generally less maintenance and can be just as friendly.
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

dogs are better
cats are cute when they are little, after you need to release them
you can keep a dog and if you take good care about it then it will defend you and love you

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

Really depends on my mood. I have both, but I tend to spend more time with our dogs than our cats. Dog tend to grab my attention more becasue they are always wanting to play.

[quote=jeol]Not to mention there are already a dozen or two stray cats in my neighborhood, getting fed by pretty much everyone.[/quote]

Lol, that is the same in my neighborhood. People just drop them off because they know the people on our street are too stupid too notice they're feeding another cat.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Pros and cons for dogs:

The good: They are usually quite friendly. The only time they're not friendly is if they are trained as guard/watch dogs, in which case is good, because they can protect you. Their bathroom is outdoors. Dogs typically like to be active with you, having a dog has motivated be to go on walks and get exercise.

The bad: Every time I have to mow the lawn, I have to clean up its poo so I don't step in it while I'm mowing. They do shed a lot of fur during the summer and it's bad if it's mostly an indoor dog. They can smell very unpleasant from time-to-time.
---
Pros and cons for cats:

The good: They are sometimes quite warm and cozy to have on your lap while you're doing something like watching TV or reading. ...That's about all I can think of, I've never owned a cat but I frequently visit people who have cats.

The bad: Their litter boxes smell horrible. Occasionally they don't even use the litter box. They also shed fur like crazy and it spreads through the house like wildfire. Their mood is difficult to tell sometimes, you never know if they are angry with you for being in their territory, or if they want to snuggle. And they frequently scratch curtains and furniture.
---
Conclusion: Get goldfish, they are the best. XD

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Personally I am more of a dog fan. They seem to be more fun then cats and are more loving.

Also I am allergic to cat litter so it would be hell for me to have a cat.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I pick dogs, mostly because you can be more active and you can play with the dog.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I pick dogs too. They have much more variety, they are eager to please their master, and they're a great companion.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

For me it used to be dogs at a young age... I then got an HUGE allergic reaction to cats, making the choice even more easy for me back then.

But since my girlfriend has a cat and my allergy has all but completely vanished into thin air (ironic...), I now simply can't live without a cat around the house! It's such a sweet animal, ok... granted, it can be demanding since dogs have a master and cats have servants, but still... having a cat lay on your stomache snoring is a relaxing feeling that is simply hard to find a match for! =)

So, in conclusion... now it's cats for me! =D

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I have had a cat and a dog so the true spectator is here! <_<

I pick dogs because my cat ran away when i got a dog. I think some dogs are nice and some dogs are just really aggressive and kind f scary. I have been bitten by a dog before so i crap my pants every time i see the same breed. My vote doesn't really count for dogs in general, just for my dog. I like cats too but they don't interact with you as much as a dog.

2nd fave quote "A dog is a man's best friend." You can see my fave if you click where i am writing...which is here and here and here and there. and there.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I like cats too but they don't interact with you as much as a dog.

I have to disagree there... all depends on the type and breed of the cat you know! =)

Some cats jump on your lap the minute you come home, where others want to play 24-7! I know for a fact...
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

I love dogs, and always have. That's not to say I don't like cats because I do. I really just love all animals. I like dogs more probably because they almost always want to be petted unlike cats, who only want to be loved on sometimes. I know some cats are different, but most seem to be that way.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i have a cat but i want to have a cat and a dog in the future.

Showing 1-15 of 48