ForumsThe TavernPreventable Movie Deaths?

21 3041
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure if I should put the thread in this forum, but anyway.

Have you ever seen a movie where a hero or villain dies, but you see an obvious way to change that? For me, it was POTC, At Worlds End, when Lord Beckett died. His ship could've blown both the Black Pearl and the Dutchman right out of the water, had he given the order to fire, or one of his lieutenants.
What unfair deaths have you seen?

• 21 Replies
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Titanic. It could of easily been prevented if they never built that ship or if they just built it in 50 years when there will be no ice burgs blocking their way towards america.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Pretty much all the bad guys in James Bond movies could have survived if they had killed him in the first place when they had the chance.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I remember Wendy from the Shining just screaming when Jack was making a hole through the door. She had a knife with her the whole time.

What would you do with the short knife? Try to poke through the hole and get hit in the head with the axe? Enraged man with axe > lady with short blade. Maybe if she was a knife master or could throw it into his eye like Soap did to Shepherd, but otherwise no.

Titanic. It could of easily been prevented if they never built that ship or if they just built it in 50 years when there will be no ice burgs blocking their way towards america.

As far as the movie, all Jack had to do was get on another piece of floating debris.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Concerning titanic; The real ship. Humans are stupid in the fact we don't wait for technology. If they had waited for sonar, no problems. If the first tron movie had been made AFTER we got animation down, no problems. But they didn't wait, did they?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

In AvP, just never drill trough the ice and enter the building.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

its not a movie, but in mw2 joesph allen could have shot and killed makarov and all his men right then and their if he staid behind them. that would have saved millions of people. ITS SO STUPID. why send a guy under cover if u dont kill the bad guy???

Showing 16-21 of 21