ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40427
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Pop music is idiotic.
Right on Brother.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 14

Pop:5

Rock is definatley the favourite but there is alot of Pop fans. It has not been decided which is better yet so keep voting!

RagingFury
RagingFury
34 posts
Nomad

I vote rock.

It isn't my favorite but im leaning towards rock.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

Hmm.....We all know that "Pop" refers to term "Popular music". Having said that, Pop can be rock, country, folk, dance, techno, hip hop, rap etc. Pop music in the sixties was the British Invasion rock, in the 80's it might have been the one hit wonders, and now it seems as though it's Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Avril Lavigne, Lil Wayne, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift etc.

iTunes probably catagorizes pop with rock because in itself, they have created a new genre. with rock influences, but with more soul and less amplification and overdrive, we have pop. I guess it's a genre but when you do the research cleary it is just a short short we use instead of &quotopular".

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 15

Pop:5

@PsychoWalrus

If Pop was &quotopular" music then there would be more votes for Pop but there isn't there is quite a bit more for Rock.

More Category Details:

Pop doesn't have electronic music in it like Skillrex. But Pop music does have light hip hop/rap in it and the various artists we have said.

Rock well I am sure you all know what Rock is there is no heavy metal or scremo in Rock.

List of Pop Artists:

Beyonce, Justin Beiber, Rihanna, Lmfao, Micheal Jackson, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, some of Eminem, Flo Rida, Carly Rae Jepsen, ADELE, Kelly Clarkson, Taio Cruz, Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger, etc.

List of Rock Artists/ Bands:

Nickleback, Journey, Hedley, Foo Fighters, Queen, Guns N' Roses, Survivor, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Bon Jovi, The Police, The Rolling Stones, etc.

This should clear up any questions and we can get back to voting and debating.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't know where you get your info from, but synthesisers are part of electronic music, and many pop acts use such instruments. To say Pop has no electro in it, is to deny part of it.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Okay well I didn't mean to say that Pop has now electro in it but it doesn't have an excessive amount of electro in it.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, FTP is indie pop, which is a genre that still has many rock elements. Which just adds more confusion to this thread...

Haven't tried Girls Generation yet, I'll have to put them on my growing list.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 15

Pop: 6

Pop is making a slow comback watch out Rock.

Just because a Pop song has Rock elements in it doesn't make it Rock. Pop brings in various elements of Rock and other Generes to create songs.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Hmmm depends on what sort of rock and pop we're talking about.

There is details in the previous pages about what kind of Rock and Pop we are talking about.

Rock: 16

Pop: 6

Keep voting Rock has not won yet. Plus what makes Rock better music than Pop?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Keep voting Rock has not won yet. Plus what makes Rock better music than Pop?

Different music taste. People just gravitate to whatever they fancy.
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

pop, but I'm related to Steve Morse from deep purple.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

@macfan1

May you tell me who Steve Morse is? and what the band deep purple is?

Thanks!

RagingFury
RagingFury
34 posts
Nomad

The Name Deep Purple sounds familiar.....
Don't know why.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Come on, really?

Do you know the song Smoke on the Water? They made that.

Showing 31-45 of 159