ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40425
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

pop, but I'm related to Steve Morse from deep purple.

Wait... you're related to Steve Morse and STILL vote for pop music? That's weird man... isn't your rock in your blood then?!

Deep purple is one of the legends in Rock music! They come from way back in the history of rock music and helped define the genre you know! Here's a wikipedia article with a lot of info and stuff and this is their own band's website, just check it out! =D

Here are some example vids if you want to get to know them!
# Smoke On The Water
# Child In Time
# Strange Kind Of Woman

And it goes without further explaining that my vote is clearly for ROCK!!! \\m//_ _\\m//
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Voting for Rock, even though I like both, and am in particular a fan of Baroque Pop. Rock has been an integral part of my musical selections since I was a little girl.

But then, this whole debate (and I'm using that word very loosely) is entirely based on personal preference. There are equally good rock and pop artists as well as any in between.

@MrDayCee: You just brought a smile on my face with your enthusiasm. Deep Purple is one of my favourite bands. And Black Night should be on that list of examples.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You just brought a smile on my face with your enthusiasm. Deep Purple is one of my favourite bands. And Black Night should be on that list of examples.

Well, glad to be of service there then AgathaB! What can I say... I just LOVE rock music, hence my precious CRBWC thread... =)

And you're right on the money there with Black Night, but I didn't want to make a list of ALL good songs by Deep Purple (there are many more!) and I was in a little hurry... so I chose those that are high on my list! And black Night was actually in 4th place...
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

And you're right on the money there with Black Night, but I didn't want to make a list of ALL good songs by Deep Purple (there are many more!) and I was in a little hurry... so I chose those that are high on my list! And black Night was actually in 4th place...

True, I probably wouldn't have known which ones to feature without listing nearly every song.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 18

Pop:7

Keep voting and discussing which is better Rock or Pop.

Thanks Mr.DayCee for telling me who Deep Purple is. I would like to hear more from that person who is related to one of them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

True, I probably wouldn't have known which ones to feature without listing nearly every song.

True, some bands just have SO many songs put in their repertoire over the years, it gets really hard to choose a favorite one out of the giant heap/pile/mountain of good stuff! (o.O)

Thanks Mr.DayCee for telling me who Deep Purple is.

You're most welcome 44Flames! Glad to inform you! And if you want to learn more about great bands in the history of Rock music, just check into my CRBWC thread regularly! (It's stickied in this forum) A lot of great rock bands are featured in there with a lot of info and example videos to watch! =)

I would like to hear more from that person who is related to one of them.

Oh yes... count me in on wanting to know more about him and his famous relative there! =D
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

44flames wanted to know how closely related I am to Steve Morse. I won't really tell you everything about my identity. But this is what I'll tell you. I don't have his last name. But I'm related to him like a distant cousin. That's all I'll say.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Cool and that is fine I understand we you don't want to give away details about your personal life. I wouldn't want to either.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

don't really care but prefer rock...

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 19

Pop: 7

Explain why you think Rock or Pop is better? Don't more people listen to Pop? Wouldn't that make it better?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Allright! Nice to know that family members of popular persons are present here macfan1! It makes for a bit of recognition there I guess...

But the fact that you don't support rock there has me wondering still... =0

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

@ 44flames, I don't really prefer either. I'm a Christian who prefers contemporary Christian music. But I think pop sounds better, like party rock anthem, or dynamite, you know. It doesn't really matter to me that rock is in my blood. But I'm learning guitar.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

That's cool I like pop music better too. That is great that you are learning the guitar.

Okay back to voting and discussing which is better Rock or Pop.

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

I have an awesome guitar with a Panda on it. :3 Anyways I know I already voted but I like rock more than pop now... except for Selena Gomez. :3 She hot.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

1. Green Day, Boulevard of Broken Dreams

2. Linkin Park, In the End

3. Muse, Uprising

Green Day is more punk than rock, and Linkin Park isn't really rock; more nu-metal and rap than anything.
Showing 46-60 of 159