firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

in what kind of way

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I guess so..but if every did it, nobody would die and we would all die of starvation, come back to life, die again..

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

I think it has it's uses, even for humans! Imagine, your wife gets into an accident and you take a bit of their DNA, go through a legal process, and your wife is back! yay!! wahoo!!! o yeah!!

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

There could be some governmental rules for that.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

wat/ anywayit has uses, but it's not all htat great of an idea, just go look at the Thought Experiment and think of that...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Even if you brought your wifes body back, she would still not be the same person.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
106 posts
Nomad

ya and also cloning requires that a mother give birth to the baby and that kid then has to grow up. so even if you did clone your wife and she was the same person(which she wouldnt be) you would have to wait like 20 years to be with her.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

We never are the same person.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

gwoodruler is probably right, I never really thought about it cause I don't really think about cloning subjects all too much, but when you clone something I do find it hard to believe it just grows to the same age it was as it's DNA host was, lol, a sheep was cloned and it starts magically growing...ch-ch-ch-chia!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

the world is ok the way it is

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

the world would do fine without cloning. but cloning could help the amount of endangered species to regain their population

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Did you hear that the FDA approved cloned animals as food products? They don't even need to label it on the meat. So you could be eating a clone-burger!

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

yah i heard about that
but it could be good cause they might not need to use growth hormones on them

i still dont know which side to take on this situation. cloning has always been way to futuristic to even think about till recently

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
106 posts
Nomad

yes but once again they would not be the same people. some would be farmers some would be buissiness men and some would just want to be lazy bums. And they would have to be born and raised so even cloning the biggest strongest people wouldnt guarentee strongness. You become strong by lifting weights and exercizing, not from your birth.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

There are so many ethic issues on cloning, but on the flip side there are so many benefits ranging from reducing hunger to saving lives. I don't think there is a need to clone a full human, I think they should just clone parts, like a heart or lungs, etc.

Showing 1-15 of 84