94 posts
Nomad

what are everyones thoughts on cloning

• 84 Replies
nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

I am ok with it, but it would be very expensive.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

lol nyquil! Your "as is" tag for cloning is the price...haha

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

if u clone it is just like having a child, it starts as a baby and grows up as a normal human would, with feelings, and everything else, anyway at the moment there only alould to clone humans up to 32 cells, which is when it starts developing features.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Navnlose, yes they will be just like humans that's why I think they shouldn't clone a full human. Just the parts.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Most people argue against it though because it is like taking Gods work into our own hands. Some people believe that fertility treatments and things like gender selection is wrong, because we should just leave it up to God, and the way he was supposed to make it. So many would argue, it isn't like having a child.

Personally, I think that cloning has a huge potential and could solve a lot of medical and scientific queries right now. But I also don't think that we should clone entire humans. But when it comes to growing a heart to save someones life, that seems reasonable to me.

kirby1243
kirby1243
141 posts
Nomad

well, science is evolving so it might be possible at some point of time but it might come with consequences...

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Is SerbWarrior the only person from Serbia in these forums? Anyways, that's interesting Carlie. I was always confused as to why anyone would be against cloning. I can understand not wanting it to happen to yourself, but opposing the entire process seemed an odd position for anyone to take.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

cloning would help with our food supply, if we could clone oil, then that would be cool too. It would solve our resouces problem.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

You can't just "clone" oil, especially since oil is the product of decaying life forms over millions of years. That's why it's called "fossil fuel". It is possible, however, to turn objects into oil, through a process that I don't entirely understand, but probably involves heat and pressure.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

firetail, that goes into atoms, if we had the power to maipulate atoms of everything, we could turn wood into rock and such, however, if you could clone an atom, it might be possible, but that's way to many atoms to clone, so it's nearly impossible if I have my facts straight.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

hm...makes it sound a whole less better

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

You wouldn't necessarily be cloning the atoms, just building or changing them from another form. If trying to clone on a molecular level, it would be easier to take a common element, such as Hydrogen, and use it as a building block, changing it's structure to fit your needs. You can't just "create" more atoms. It's impossible.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's just not that simple. Sorry.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

O.o
...I just said that lennywins...

firetail_madness