94 posts
Nomad

what are everyones thoughts on cloning

• 84 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Thats just because cloning isn't perfected. I'm sure that we can find a way to make them live as long or longer than a real human. I still dilike the idea of cloning it just seems un-natural to me. It defeys the natural order of things.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Cloning is simply man's attempt to tame nature - if cloning were perfected, would we need to be conservationists anymore? No, because we could simply make backup copies of endangered species.

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

we need cloning but not cloning a whole human like organs out of stem cells that why we need a democrats in office

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Not following, jtwolf. Also, please refer to political discussions.

Theres a difference, a catch. Nature is nature, science is science. We can't genetically clone meat yet, because there are differences. Also, the main thing with cloning a live human is is that the brain functionality would be different.

The fact is we still would have to save endangered species. Its like someone coming to your door, shooting you, and telling your mom they have a backup megamickle stored in their computer drives. All they have to do is get it made or somefink and have you cloned. Wouldn't that suck? XP

I also believe its impossible. You may be able to form new life and double-clone the same thing, or just clone with animal females. I don't think it should be done to humans, anyway.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Gah, I lost my post due to browser randomness. I'll just retype the first part of what I was saying and save the commentary on cloning itself until later.

Mega: That's an interesting take on conservationism, because I can see where you're coming from, but also think that you're being too narrow. Conservationism does consist of much broader things than simple archival, although sometimes I get the impression that certain attitudes within conservationism put undue emphasis on preserving the state of nature exactly the way it is or something similar.

Bratt02
Bratt02
403 posts
Shepherd

I think Cloning is wrong, I mean, of course it could be best for war, sorry got nothing else, but Cloning isn't right, we are not suppose to be making life but we could save their life, lols. Anyways, I still say it's bad. And it's unjust. :|

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Humans make life all the time and the process is maintained in cloning. At the end of the day, an egg has to be fertilized and we go on about our day. It's not as if we're dumping a bunch of chemicals into a tub, stirring them, and out pops a clone of something else. What about cloning is "unnatural?"

sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

Clonning is illegal for humans only for animals

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Cloning has interesting applications, if ever perfected. If I ever needed a new organ (heart, lungs, etc...) it would be nice to be able to grow one that wouldn't be rejected.

ciscokid
ciscokid
72 posts
Nomad

Dude we should clone 200,000 master chiefs then we might actually get something done in the iraq war.

Kererr
Kererr
135 posts
Nomad

"Dude we should clone 200,000 master chiefs then we might actually get something done in the iraq war." -ciscokid

Freaking hilarious.

Okay, now to cloning.

Cloning needs extremely advanced science. Luckily, we have that. Does it work. Maybe. Do we like it? Maybe. Is it creepy? Definitely.

Any response to this?

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i mean its depends on what ur cloning for me. I think cloning anaimls is fine because as long as they know that eating them is fine then i dont see a problem. but cloning people i mean ethically i dont care. but its just seems weird to me if like someone made a clone of me. But it could be good for war and everything because if its a clones of u wellur not dying. But this is a debate that will be on for a long time

bullfroggy5
bullfroggy5
33 posts
Nomad

Kererr, I think it is not creepy, but perhaps it is if we get to cloning humans. If we eat the same piggy over and over, i do not mind. However, cloning a human is strange. Would you say they are much like an identical twin, one who is different, but looks alike? Would you say that a clone has a soul, or is only an abomination?

bullfroggy5
bullfroggy5
33 posts
Nomad

opentotruth, you are saying that clones are not real people then. dont they have just as much right to live as you do?

Kererr
Kererr
135 posts
Nomad

A clone is only an abomination of the real person. Think about... Would you like to be cloned yourself?

Cloning is cool science, but I don't really want to be too involved in it...

Showing 46-60 of 84