ForumsThe Tavernis this normal?

19 3712
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

a small window popped up while i was on the ag forums. it said that ag needs my username and my password. it said that it was by invitation. i closed it but it popped a second time up. what was that, a try to hack me?

• 19 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

This happened to me too. It was really weird. I don't know why but it seemed to go away. I am not going to worry about it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Not sure what any of that was about as I've never heard of this pop up before, but it's a given that we won't ask you for your ArmorGames credentials. NevereverevereverevereverEVUR. So every time you see this, just click out of it.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

That happened to me only once, about five minutes ago. I just closed it and everything was well again!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

That happened to me only once, about five minutes ago. I just closed it and everything was well again!

Ya. Same here. Hopefully it will never happen again. It did kick me out of the site though and gave me an error when I clicked out of it.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

That's weird... Notice how you are all silver ranks and have 600-800 posts, maybe it is a scam attempt...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

maybe it is a scam attempt...

that could be it, but how do they do that? i thought scam is only possible through phones or e-mails. how many ways to scam are there?

Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

Nope, because if AG wanted your account, they don't need to ask you for it.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

It has never happened to me, but I now know what to do in the event that it does happen.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Has anyone got a screenshot of this so I'll know what I see when the thing crops up?

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

This didn't have to me. It may happen to the future though.. xD

ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

This is most definitely not normal :S

I've never seen it.

I doubt it would be a good idea to input your information.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

its a small window and it wants your username and your password for armor games. dont type anything in it, just close it even if you have to close it several times.

DrHaxxx
DrHaxxx
3 posts
Nomad

Now that is a weird attempt getting your data.. I've never experienced somethign similar - better not type in anything

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Thats happened to me twice now.
For me it shows my desktop icon, then asks for my username and password, so I've just clicked out of it each time.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Have... any of you reported this to the staff, in case that this might be related to an ad gone bad?
Because that probably does a lot more than talking about it.

I second the request for a screenshot and possible also a list of ads showing when the pop up pops... up. That might help the staff determine if it is a problem with one of their partners in advertising, or if something else might be happening.

Showing 1-15 of 19