ForumsThe Tavern{Necro}Who came first?The chicken or the egg?

38 7383
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

Personally, i think the egg did because one female chicken cannot make eggs without a male right?

• 38 Replies
Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

The egg. The question doesn't specify what type of egg.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

According to the bible I would say chicken. It says god made the animals..not made eggs that hatched into animals.

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

@Zorvex. Then explain how there is dinosaur bones. Most dinos laid eggs to reproduce.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

If we are talking about modern day chickens, then the chicken came first. Not because of the bible, but because modern day chicken eggs need a specific protein from modern day chickens. You need that protein or no egg. That protein is found in the chicken. So they need to lay that egg.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Like in the previous threads on this topic said, the answer is quite simple. Evolution: genetic mutations cause bird to change in to a chicken, hence the egg is first. Creation: God created the chicken, so the chicken came first.

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

The egg. Because of evolution, many species were invented Including us humans. I don't care if you agree or disagree to my message.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

The egg. The Big Bang happened, created matter, and made the proteins necessary for an egg. Then it hatched, created the chicken, etc.

OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

between dair5 and UDude21 the answer is pretty much summed up. God made/something evolved into the first chicken, that chicken laid a chicken egg, which can't happen without a certain protein, sat on it, then even more chickens hatched.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

The egg. The Big Bang happened, created matter, and made the proteins necessary for an egg. Then it hatched, created the chicken, etc.

and the lone egg just hatched? no warmth? and even if that was possible the lone chick would be able to take care of itself without a parent. i dont think it matters what you look at. there is a really simple solution: a chicken can live without an egg yet an egg canot hatch/live without a chicken.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

The chicken came first no doubt
1. God made the animal not the egg (the bible says so)
2. The egg would have nothing to keep it alive because the parents would have to be there to keep it safe

wolfboystev693
wolfboystev693
31 posts
Farmer

Bible wise; the chicken came first.
Scientific wise; the egg came first, cuz fishes lay eggs nd mammals nd birds evolved from fishes and reptiles.
U can choose which to believe, as for me i believe it hppnd bible wise.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

The egg came first because you can't get a chicken without an egg.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

None came first since chickens evolved and didn't just appear/weren't just born from another animal. In order to answer the question you have to set a point at which you count the species as chicken, and from that moment on the answer to the question depends on the arbitrarily set point.

Though since the egg is the embryo of a chicken, I'd say it makes sense to set the point at the moment of impregnation of the cell that will build the egg. So in a way, zygote -> egg -> chicken (represents genetical constance). Doesn't make it less arbitrary, but still.

johnymcjohnflog
johnymcjohnflog
29 posts
Nomad

The egg couldn't survive without the chicken. It has to have something to keep it warm. So I say the chicken.

Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

I think that amino acids were first x)

Showing 1-15 of 38