ForumsThe Tavern{Necro}Who came first?The chicken or the egg?

38 7381
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

Personally, i think the egg did because one female chicken cannot make eggs without a male right?

• 38 Replies
alpharomeocars
alpharomeocars
10 posts
Nomad

What I mean is, the egg from which the chicken hatched, IS the chicken. As I said earlier, arguing with genetic constance we have the zygote, then egg, then chicken. All one individual. Changes in an individuals from, let's say, the egg to the chicken, don't affect the offsprings of said chicken unless the gonads are affected. So the genetic material of the chicken had to be already in the embryo in the egg. Egg that is a chicken, coming from naturally selected non-chicken parents.

I'm not sure but maybe we've just been arguing about different things. Hope I made myself clear now.
It depends. I mean I suppose that the egg could've been a chicken egg from a common ancestor. But then is it a chicken egg or is it the common ancestor's egg, meaning that it isn't a chicken egg and that therefore the chicken came before the egg? The problem is that it is unknown. Because who cares about chickens really? I'm just interested in evolution in general...
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think the answer is that a circle has no end

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Hmm.. do you define a 'chicken egg' as an 'egg coming from a chicken'? Because I was thinking more in the line of, a chicken egg is an egg that will hatch to a chicken. Maybe that's the catch...

alpharomeocars
alpharomeocars
10 posts
Nomad

Hmm.. do you define a 'chicken egg' as an 'egg coming from a chicken'? Because I was thinking more in the line of, a chicken egg is an egg that will hatch to a chicken. Maybe that's the catch...
indeed it is...
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

chicken, cuz if egg came first, and there were no chickens, the egg wouldnt have its sufficient needs

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

egg-it has to be fertilized to become a chicken

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Egg it could be a mutation of an ancestor of the chicken something that couldn't survive well there forth the chicken probably populated better and gained dominance.

gameplayer101
gameplayer101
87 posts
Peasant

Definitely the egg, the chicken actually was once a prehistoric bird with razor sharp teeth. I know this because modern day scientist managed to unlock hidden recessive genes in chickens, so now a chicken has a beak and razor sharp teeth.

Showing 31-38 of 38