ForumsThe Tavern{Necro}Who came first?The chicken or the egg?

38 7384
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

Personally, i think the egg did because one female chicken cannot make eggs without a male right?

• 38 Replies
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

It is abously the egg or else there would be no chicken. God created the egg.

BillyCrash100
BillyCrash100
26 posts
Nomad

Some weeks before I saw on TV that scientists found that the chicken came first.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

The egg. It is a breakfast food.

Darksaber
Darksaber
191 posts
Nomad

well it stared with cells so i guss the chicken

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Again, if you're arguing with genetic constance, it all starts with the zygote, then the egg, then the chicken. So out of the two in question, the egg.

Or think of this: what is first, the embryo or the human? The only difference with chicken is that the unborn is already out of the mother and protected by a calcite shell.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

The egg. It is a breakfast food.

Problem solved everyone. Kudos to this guy. His argument wraps up everything. Wow, who'd have thought? Yep, the egg came first. Reason? It's breakfast. Mod can lock this thread now.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

i would have to say (not using bible wise)that the chiken came first here is how it went.

remember the ugly ducking story well think of it as the ugly bird(now called the chiken)it had a mutation in its cells or sumthin and became chiken.then chiken meet up with desparate duck or sumthing and that is where we know the rest.

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

Chicken, because everything originally evolved from bacteria. The species all reproduce, otherwise they would die off. So each adapted to be mammal, bird, reptial, amphibion, or fish. The end. :P

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Dudes. Every chicken has been an egg once. They're one individual at different stages. So, isn't it kinda dumb to say the chicken was first? Seriously now.

siodhgoahoa
siodhgoahoa
1 posts
Nomad

The chicken because there had to be a chicken in order for the egg to be created. The first chicken came about via evolution from a common ancestor and then they had eggs to reproduce. Seriously how didn't you know that? Didn't you go to school?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The chicken because there had to be a chicken in order for the egg to be created. The first chicken came about via evolution from a common ancestor and then they had eggs to reproduce. Seriously how didn't you know that? Didn't you go to school?

You're implying two things:

-that the first chicken didn't hatch from an egg. But the egg isn't an apomorphy of the chicken, all their ancestors already laid eggs

-that the egg from which the first chicken hatched isn't a chicken egg. This makes no sense, an individual doesn't switch species during development.

The egg of the first chicken had to be the first chicken egg. The bird that laid said egg is simply behind the virtual line we draw between chicken and their ancestor.
alpharomeocars
alpharomeocars
10 posts
Nomad

You're implying two things:

-that the first chicken didn't hatch from an egg. But the egg isn't an apomorphy of the chicken, all their ancestors already laid eggs

-that the egg from which the first chicken hatched isn't a chicken egg. This makes no sense, an individual doesn't switch species during development.

The egg of the first chicken had to be the first chicken egg. The bird that laid said egg is simply behind the virtual line we draw between chicken and their ancestor.

The egg came first, then the chicken, then the chicken egg. Deformations in animals cause them to pass them onto their offspring if the deformation is of advantage to survival. They're the ones that get to pass on their genes. This is called Natural Selection. Then they get to produce a new species. Therefore the chicken was a change of species from a common ancestor to form the chicken from the common ancestor. Therefore there is common ancestor egg (half chicken half previous evolutionary bird), then chicken. Then the chicken produces more offspring and then you have normal chickens. Eventually we captured them and bred them and got eggs from them and ate them. But still, you get the general idea...
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

The egg.

The chicken couldn't have been born if no animal layed a chicken egg. The egg could have been made by two sorta snake-like animals making the egg. Therefore the chicken hacthes out of the egg and so the egg came first!

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Um... I really have no idea. I think God made the animals(All who argue shall be ignored) but he could have made the egg or the chicken first...so I have no idea.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The egg came first, then the chicken, then the chicken egg.

What I mean is, the egg from which the chicken hatched, IS the chicken. As I said earlier, arguing with genetic constance we have the zygote, then egg, then chicken. All one individual. Changes in an individuals from, let's say, the egg to the chicken, don't affect the offsprings of said chicken unless the gonads are affected. So the genetic material of the chicken had to be already in the embryo in the egg. Egg that is a chicken, coming from naturally selected non-chicken parents.

I'm not sure but maybe we've just been arguing about different things. Hope I made myself clear now.
Showing 16-30 of 38