ForumsThe TavernA Dog's Life! What breed of dog do you like?

52 7827
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I have a chocolate labrodor retreiver and I love this breed because it is nice to everyone and everything. A chocolate labrodor retreiver is my favourite breed of dog.

What is you favourite breed of dog and why?

Here is a quote:

"A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself." Josh Billings(1818-1885)

I think that if you have a dog it brings you great love and enjoyment in your life. I think that people that suffer from depression should get a dog because it will bring them love and enjoyment in there life.

Do you think this quote is true?

Please no spamming. Leave your comment below.

• 52 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

One of my favorites would be PITBULLS

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Ya pitbulls are a alright breed if trained properly. Why do pitbulls have such a bad reputation?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Possibly because the people most likely to get a pitbull is the brother-type to the people that get tiny inbred lap dogs:
People that has no idea what they are doing, they assume stuff about the dog based on their own expectations, and then refuse to fix these expectations, assumptions and behaviour around the dogs when or if they figure out they are in the wrong.
Pitbulls are working dogs, they need exercise, they need training and they need something to do. They are intelligent, loyal and would never hurt anyone if they were trained correctly, but the majority of people buying a pitbull has no idea how to train a pitbull, they don't get it to have a dog as much as something to look intimidating.
It would be like getting a monster truck and only drive down the bike paths. Nothing good can out of it.
Most dogs react badly to being treated without understanding, some dogs just react a lot worse to it, because they are bred like for it. Guard dogs are bred for, well, guarding stuff, and if you screw with a pup of one of those breeds, you will end up with a problem dog before it is even fully grown. It will have a huge territorial need, a massive amount of exercise and if you leave it out in a short chain with no human contact, it will be next to feral.
If you don't teach a hunting dog how to behave properly, you will start to see an increase in dead pets and animals around you.
But at least most hunting dogs will not go for anything larger than hares, ducks, the like.

Either way, the reputation stems from all the pitbulls that have been raised to be aggressive bundles of violence because the owners are idiots, actually wants them to be dangerous, or these dogs are given to people with no experience in training dogs.
This will make for a horrible cocktail that can explode, and as the media is really interested in misery, they will jump at it, feed the fear and ensure a new bunch of idiots will get this type of dog, because they want the fear that surrounds them.

dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

that quote is definatly true. People who own dogs do live longer than those who dont. they overjoy people with happiness.
Oh ya, my favorite dog is a wolfdog. Why? cuz they're awesome. And I like Corgis too. Why? just look at the ears...

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

Alaskan Malamute, they don't bark.

and how do you resist this? :P

http://www.alaskamalamutepuppies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Timber1son.jpg

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

People who own dogs do live longer than those who dont. they overjoy people with happiness.

Sorry but I got to say that, that probably is not true. But a good thoery!

Also very cute dog above could be a winner.
Showing 46-51 of 52