ForumsPopular MediaMovie! The Hobbit

18 10871
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Probably everyone here in Armor Games has heard of the movie trilogy "The Lord of the Rings". Since it is one of the biggest movie franchises.

I have read this book and I always thought of how good a movie it would be if it were a movie. The book is "The Hobbit". Which is the preludge to the "Lord of the Rings". I hope it will be a great movie and I have been waiting for this movie to come out for a long time.

Here is the trailer

I would like to hear your thought on the movie or what you think it will leave out from the book!

• 18 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Dug up the old Hobbit thread....you might want to pick up the discussion from there.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Oh okay thanks.

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

The book was good, maybe the movie will be.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Yes I hope that the movie will be a great movie the trailer looked very good!

Jugg_Commando
Jugg_Commando
96 posts
Nomad

Loved the book. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I really want to see the movie it looks really good

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

This movie is going to be EPIC! Cant wait to see it.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

After he finishes this Peter should talk to Christopher about making the Simarrillion into a movie.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

am i the only 1 that thinks that the dwarfs are animated very poorly?
and if they are not animated, the costumes are made not life like.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

After he finishes this Peter should talk to Christopher about making the Simarrillion into a movie.

Impossible.. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are good film material because they're single stories, that have a beginning and an end. The Silmarillion however covers a huge time and contains a great number of single stories with so many different characters.. think of it more lke a story book, a collection of events. If they try to make a film out of it, they'll horribly fail... that is, if I don't kill them before.
Cardibard
Cardibard
2,025 posts
Nomad

Then you have to remember the history of middle earth. I certainly enjoy reading about the rest of middle earth before and after but that is just too much. Back to the original topic have you guys seen peter jacksons youtube videos. There is one where they try to see who knows the names of all the dwarves and the only one who knows is gandalf. Also they had John Rhys-Davies (gimli) Come on set and he sees the man playing gimli's father and he goes "Daddy!" and they hug. It was hilarious

Cardibard
Cardibard
2,025 posts
Nomad

I certainly hope they don't leave out beorn. In the Rankin Bass version (Yes the people that made all of those christmas movies made a Hobbit movie) They just avoided it altogether. Not to mention they left out a lot of details in the beginning. I was dissapointed but at least they included the songs tolkien wrote.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

i'm going to see the midnight premiere, can't believe that they would make it into 3 movies though, it wasn't even that long of a book

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i'm going to see the midnight premiere, can't believe that they would make it into 3 movies though,
2 movies, not three, one this december and one next december. (i think)

think of it more lke a story book, a collection of events. If they try to make a film out of it, they'll horribly fail
The simarrilion is five books only, and they could easily add the first two into the quenta simarrilion.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

2 movies, not three, one this december and one next december. (i think)

They announced they're making three parts. Since Christopher Lee will play Saruman in the movies, and Saruman doesn't really occur in the book, I guess they will also show what Gandalf does when he temporarily leaves the dwarves (hunting the Necromancer). That could explain the three parts.

The simarrilion is five books only, and they could easily add the first two into the quenta simarrilion.

I got a one book version. But the point is not the amount written, it's the amount that is portrayed. You couldn't make reasonable movies out of the Silmarillion. What you could do is a series of cartoons, that could work.
Showing 1-15 of 18