ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188874
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Seriously, you people. I don't care what you compare it to. The stock market, a just-been-built chair, a precarious rope bridge over a ravine, just pick one. Things you've never done before. there are some things you just have to put BLIND FAITH in.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Say, it is breakfast time in your home. You walk to the table, and sit down in a chair. You have just demonstrated and example of faith. You are putting your faith in the structural integrity of the chair. Some things in this universe you just have to put your faith in with no solid proof.

One more thing, a chair is built by someone.
With someone making it, it is not possible for it to come into existence.
Now if a chair can't build itself, how come a human made himself?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Seriously, you people. I don't care what you compare it to. The stock market, a just-been-built chair, a precarious rope bridge over a ravine, just pick one. Things you've never done before. there are some things you just have to put BLIND FAITH in.

At least with a bridge rope, I know the material of the rope and of the steps, and you can do this with anything.

And I see it exists, I just don't know how it reacts. However, I am convinced there is no god so how could I possibly put blind faith in something that I am convinced doesn't even exist?
You see now why your examples are still next to the point?

Now if a chair can't build itself, how come a human made himself?

Noone ever said that humans made them themselves, I don't know what you're getting to.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

To hahiha, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU COMPARE IT TO!!!! IM JUST GIVING EXAMPLES!!!! PICK THE STOCK MARKET FOR ALL I CARE!!!!!
To thepunisher93, I am with hahiha, no one ever said humans made themselves.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

You can't compare it to anything that we all know does exist, that is my point. You are convinced that god exists, so this is easy for you to say. But I am convinced he doesn't exist. Would you put blind faith in a kitchen chair you are convinced doesn't exist? Would you just sit on air by blind faith?

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

as I said before, you believe what you want, I believe what I want.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

as I said before, you believe what you want, I believe what I want.

Would you just sit on air by blind faith? I just need that one answered.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Obviously not. But to you it is sitting on air, but for me, it is believing in God. I could ask you the same question about your belief in atheism. Me believing in atheism would just be like me sitting on air by blind faith.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Yeah, except that atheism does not require belief since it's a lack thereof. But no matter...
At least now I hope you see why bringing the blind faith argument with funny comparisons won't ever convince any atheist.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Atheism really is a belief, though. It is a belief that there isn't any God. You BELIEVE that God doesn't exist. Your belief has a name, which is atheism. Atheism isn't just the name for nothing.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I'd rather speak of it as a conviction; 'belief' or 'faith' always have religious sidenotes that don't really match my convictions.
I could go on but I think it's better we leave this be, ok? Because I've seen such arguments numerous times and they never really lead to a consensus..

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

You're probably right. Nice debating with you. Sorry if I said anything that offended you.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Atheism really is a belief,

No, it's not. It's a term for whether or not one believes a god exists.

Is Theism a belief? No. It's a category.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Exactly. BELIEVES God exists. Therefore, atheism is a BELIEF that God does not exist.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Exactly. BELIEVES God exists. Therefore, atheism is a BELIEF that God does not exist.

No. The most literal definition you can have for atheism is:

"The lack of a belief in a god or supernatural deity."

Atheism is the opposite of theism, which is:

"The belief in a god or supernatural deity."

Atheism is the LACK of a belief. Just because the word "believe" is in the definition does not mean it is a belief. It is the lack there-of.
Showing 361-375 of 811