ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188871
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

O, right, like evolution and "the big bang" is more logical.

Scientists aren't out there just making stuff up. they rely on observable evidence to come to the conclusion that they do. We don't need to rely on what they say, we can do the same tests they did and get the exact same result.

Religion on the other had does not rely on observable evidence and even at times treating having such as a bad thing. You're just suppose to believe the claims at face value. We have to rely on what others are telling you because there is nothing for us to objectively observe.
JulianEgan
JulianEgan
19 posts
Peasant

Bad people go to Hell and good people go to Heaven!

Yes, I do.

Heaven.

Is God really real?
Of course.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Read this if you want to know what atheists think about the origin of life.

This does not make any sense to me at all.
So, i'll stick to "God created adam".
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

This does not make any sense to me at all.
So, i'll stick to "God created adam".

Basically abiogenesis states non self replicating materials was able to form a self replicating molecule. This in turn gave rise to a living organism.
The Origin of Life - Abiogenesis - Dr. Jack Szostak
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Can we please keep the origin of life/man in the Evolution thread?

Bad people go to Hell and good people go to Heaven!

Any specifics? What's your belief on what happens to non-believers? On those who never knew about Christianity? What are your feelings on hurting someone in self defense? Is it ok to steal for survival? Is it ok to work on Sunday to get money so your family dosen't starve?
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

I believe that Heaven and Hell surely exists. I don't know how Heaven or Hell looks like and can't give a description about it because I didn't get there.

Yes?

Who knows? That I believe in God doesn't mean I will directly go to Heaven.

Is God really real?

He's really really real.

Greetings
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I believe that Heaven and Hell surely exists. I don't know how Heaven or Hell looks like and can't give a description about it because I didn't get there.

Surely? How do you "know" that it exists?

Yes?

Why?

Who knows? That I believe in God doesn't mean I will directly go to Heaven.

What leads you to believe that?

He's really really real.

What makes you think that?

Greetings

Why do you put that at the end, rather than the start?
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

killersup THINKS that there is definelty a horrible place that that has been made for the pure evil at HEART.killersup also THINKS that there is a place that is on the happier side of things.

killersup does not really believe in the hell or heaven stated in the bible but thinks that they are close portrates of what they really are.

killersup also thinks that there is not one horrible place for the pure evil at heart.killersup does think though that there is a place that drags inself into the mind of the evil and takes their greatest fear and turns it into their hell.

same goes for heaven but the other way around.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

killersup THINKS that there is definelty a horrible place that that has been made for the pure evil at HEART.killersup also THINKS that there is a place that is on the happier side of things.
killersup does not really believe in the hell or heaven stated in the bible but thinks that they are close portrates of what they really are.
killersup also thinks that there is not one horrible place for the pure evil at heart.killersup does think though that there is a place that drags inself into the mind of the evil and takes their greatest fear and turns it into their hell.
same goes for heaven but the other way around.

still can't get used to the 3rd person, but i'll manage.

that is a better view than most christians, because it shows that you are a little more open minded than others. I'm also banking that if either of those places existed, that's how they will operate. chances are, however, that they still don't exist.

-Blade
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Basically abiogenesis states non self replicating materials was able to form a self replicating molecule. This in turn gave rise to a living organism.
The Origin of Life - Abiogenesis - Dr. Jack Szostak

I think some french scientist(probably lois pasture, if he is a french) proved abiogenesis wrong with an experiment.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

that is a better view than most christians, because it shows that you are a little more open minded than others.

But only a little. His way of thinking about people 'bad to their heart' isn't much more openminded.

I think some french scientist(probably lois pasture, if he is a french) proved abiogenesis wrong with an experiment.

You're probably thinking of Louis Pasteur.. and you're failing the point. He, as well as many others, proved spontaneous generations wrong. But abiogenesis=/=spontaneous generation. SG is about how fully functional microbes appear in liquids, or fly larvae in biscuits. This was believed by the common people long time ago, until scientists proved it wrong. Abiogenesis however is how molecules build rudimentary units that will get more and more complicated with enough time. It's NOT the same.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

THINKS that there is definelty a horrible place that that has been made for the pure evil at HEART

How does this get defined? We are also discovering that people who are "evil" are that way because of dysfunctions in the brain. If you wish to argue that ones brain state and ones soul state are separate then we can not claim this person should be punished in a soul state for something that occurred due to their brain which ceases.

Of course if it is as evidence suggests all of these things attributed to a soul are just functions of the brain. This would mean the soul does not exist and there would be no afterlife since there would be no soul to begin with.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

THINKS that there is definelty a horrible place that that has been made for the pure evil at HEART.killersup also THINKS that there is a place that is on the happier side of things.

There's nothing wrong with hell, it's just a plane for us that would rather not restrict our mortal selves when we have to experience freaking death. The Divines don't have to Die, or Starve, face Poverty and Famine, who are they to judge us?

-Chillz
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

There's nothing wrong with hell, it's just a plane for us that would rather not restrict our mortal selves when we have to experience freaking death. The Divines don't have to Die, or Starve, face Poverty and Famine, who are they to judge us?

Didn't really get your point their but I think no one has the right to judge some one for their beliefs.
Of course if it is as evidence suggests all of these things attributed to a soul are just functions of the brain. This would mean the soul does not exist and there would be no afterlife since there would be no soul to begin with.

And can some one define what a soul is I never got that concept and how does your soul help in any way >.>?
JCCOOL
JCCOOL
63 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell.

I too am A Catholic But i am very unsure of my views on heaven and hell but in any case i would think that we will all sorta of start again as someone else, sort of a continous circle of life. I understand this sounds like a highly unorthodox thought but this is what im thinking right know.
JCCOOL
Showing 406-420 of 811