ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188854
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MAXIMUMBANNED
MAXIMUMBANNED
18 posts
Nomad

It's mostly because religious texts contradict facts, such as the universe being created much more than 6000 years ago.

Name ONE religion that states that the universe was created less than 6000 years ago, and how do you know that the universe was created 6000 years ago?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@Maximumbanned

Christianity. Learn your religions. Religious scholars purport to know this rough date based on calculations from events in the Bible. Google "Young Earth Creationism", I'm not going to do it for yo

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Christianity. Learn your religions. Religious scholars purport to know this rough date based on calculations from events in the Bible. Google "Young Earth Creationism", I'm not going to do it for yo

We can even ignore this calculation entirely and still find statements that are flat out false as a result of direct quotes in the Bible. For example the Earth and light existing before the sun or how the moon is referred to as a light source. (Genesis 1:1 Earth, Genesis 1:3-5 day light, Genesis 1:14-19 sun and the moon with the moon being a light.)

Such a progression could only work if day and night were not contingent on the sun first existing, that the Sun revolved around the Earth, as without it the Earth would have no orbit and the moon produced light rather than just reflect it. This is just a small example of how religious text contradicts facts.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

so, what happens with people who cant believe in god like a handicaped person? are they going to hell or what? even if they do bad things?

i am still waiting for an answer.

what happens with you if you can not beliefe in god, even someone told you there is a god?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

what happens with you if you can not beliefe in god, even someone told you there is a god?

Wait wait....why cannot? I've certainly heard of will not, but could not?
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Btw I'd really like to go to Sovngarde when I'm dead they've got an awesome big hall with meat and mead

In real Norse mythology it was called Valhalla.

Is the Bible True? Unquestionably

It's not really unquestionable, considering quite a few people are questioning it.

so, what happens with people who cant believe in god like a handicaped person? are they going to hell or what? even if they do bad things?

Being handicapped doesn't suddenly disable believing in anything. I know a few mentally retarded people who believe in various religions, even though they don't really understand it much.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Frankly, there is no -absolutely- right answer to whether mentally challenged persons go to heaven or hell.

There is the Christian belief that every person who does not accept Christ before they died goes to hell. "Handicapped" persons who can't really think for themselves, obviously can't -for practical reasons- accept Christ, ergo they go to hell.

However, other Christians claim that God provides salvation to those that cannot comprehend it. According to this way of thinking mentally challenged persons go to heaven.

Anyhow, from a more classic Biblical interpretation the first belief seems more probable.
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.[Psalm 51:5]
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.[Proverbs 20:11]

The second belief is more modern. God as a being of forgiveness, grace, kindness etc.

Bottom line: Like -pretty much everything- in Christianity there is no clear answer. Depends from your personal point of view. Is God all-forgiving? Or is He more rigorous? Pick your choice and decide.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

There is the Christian belief that every person who does not accept Christ before they died goes to hell. "Handicapped" persons who can't really think for themselves, obviously can't -for practical reasons- accept Christ, ergo they go to hell.

Does that make God any better than Hitler, then? Torturing the handicapped and mentally retarded just because, well, they're handicapped or mentally retarded. I think Gods' the worse guy, he tortures them for all eternity
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Does that make God any better than Hitler, then? Torturing the handicapped and mentally retarded just because, well, they're handicapped or mentally retarded. I think Gods' the worse guy, he tortures them for all eternity

Well....this is surely going to offend the boatloads of prudes out there. Hitler out-rightly killed them anyway, not banished them to an eternal hell.

So once again, we come to the conclusion that the Bible is not going to give a straight answer for the criterion of getting into Heaven, betraying its own incoherence. Let us all feel our away in the dark and gloom then! Oh, the misery, and anticipation to find out after you're dead, whether what you did in life was actually the correct thing to do to get into Heaven!
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Does that make God any better than Hitler, then?

Actually, Hitler "wanted" to kill all the handicapped and mentally retarded persons, but his supporters didn't really let him. Hitler ordered the suspension of the execution of the disabled in 1941 after strong opposition from groups within Germany.
Thus, someone could easily argue that the Third Reich is more pro-disabled than God.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Thus, someone could easily argue that the Third Reich is more pro-disabled than God.

Now wouldn't that be something good chaps, wouldn't that be something?
Dutchy666
Dutchy666
9 posts
Nomad

[quote]What is you thought on heaven and hell?

I think u are right there is a heaven and a hell
But i dont htink the good people go heaven and the bad ones to hell
I think that god exists
But some people say that if god exists why are there so much tramps and thugs
I think god let they do it them selves to teach mankind the lesson!

Greets,
Dutchy666

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I think u are right there is a heaven and a hell
But i dont htink the good people go heaven and the bad ones to hell
I think that god exists
But some people say that if god exists why are there so much tramps and thugs
I think god let they do it them selves to teach mankind the lesson!

What do you mean by this? What are you trying to say?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's all there right in front of you. Jut read it properly; it can't get anymore blatant.

ShinyCowBeast
ShinyCowBeast
120 posts
Nomad

since there are conflicting veiws on this, and the Bible does not really cover this subject, we can't just conclude that they go to hell. besides, just because soome people have mental issues dosen't mean they can't comprehend God, the vast majority of them do, and God does not torture the unbelievers, Satan does.

they didn't give people a choice, but God does. they didn't love those people enough to offer them an eternity in paradise, but God does
Showing 586-600 of 811