ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188853
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Hell is where you go when you die unless you have chosen to be on God's side or you happen to be too young to make such a choice. Too young I think is three years old and younger.

Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Yes.

I think I will go to heaven because of my belief in God and the fact that I have asked his to forgive me for my sins every time I have sinned since I became a Christian.

Is God really real?

I think so cause even if I was to believe in science something had to set it all up. I think this because the Big Bang Theory seams to have some holes in it that I can only fill when I see God filling in those holes.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Hell is where you go when you die unless you have chosen to be on God's side or you happen to be too young to make such a choice. Too young I think is three years old and younger.

What happens to the people who had never heard of God or Christianity?
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

What happens to the people who had never heard of God or Christianity?

It would be just like if they were too young to chose to be on God's side.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Then why spread His word if the people would be saved without knowing of it?

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

You only believe in god because someone told you to. Like Santa Clause, only the truth is only known at death. The Catholic god does not exist. However I believe in a higher conscience.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Then why spread His word if the people would be saved without knowing of it?

So that we may have a chance to make a conscience decision.

You only believe in god because someone told you to. Like Santa Clause, only the truth is only known at death. The Catholic god does not exist. However I believe in a higher conscience.

If that was true then I would had believed from the day my mom first told me about God all the way to today and not believe in the same as you from 1996 to 2005. I didn't believe in God during that time because I was blaming Him and any other form of a higher conscience for the death of my first and best friend Jason.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I didn't believe in God during that time because I was blaming Him

There's a logical fallacy there: you can't be angry at something you don't truly believe in. That's like being mad at santa for getting coal. You still believe santa put the coal in your stocking. Therefore, you never truly stopped believing.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Too young I think is three years old and younger.

I agree to that but I would say it would be when they are about seven or nine, because that is when they are more likely to choose for themselves.

Well, let's see... this doesn't really make much sense to me unfortunatly. I would say that a person who does not follow Jesus christ or doesn't know him can't go to heaven. That's why missionaries have gone across the globe to spread the gospel.

Now let me tell you something here. In the past, the church wouldn't do their job properly in spreading the gospel, instead they went into government affairs. If they had done what Jesus told them to do Most of the world would know Christ. But instead they sat around going after fame wealth and power. Because they wanted fame, wealth, and power they became hipocrytes. Because of this many were led astray. Kind of something that I think about constantly.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

That doesn't make any sense.

It's like saying "I put you in harms way so you could decide to avoid it or not." In fact given the belief that's exactly what is being said. We are believed to be in danger of hell only if we are told of all these things so we can have a choice to avoid the danger of hell.

I didn't believe in God during that time because I was blaming Him and any other form of a higher conscience for the death of my first and best friend Jason.

If there is a God such as the one in Christian mythology then he is at least in part to blame. I also second EmperorPalpatine's response.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think so cause even if I was to believe in science something had to set it all up. I think this because the Big Bang Theory seams to have some holes in it that I can only fill when I see God filling in those holes.

So what happens when such holes are plugged? Do you still need God? Is God just a stopper to feel in parts of scientific theories that man hasn't fully solved yet?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

It's called god of the gaps I would suggest looking it up.

It was once believed lightning was the result of a god. The same for the weather, volcanoes... etc. The gaps where god fit become ever smaller. The honest answer to those gaps is not god but to simply admit that we don't know and continue to look for the real answers, even if that answer ends up being god.

"Faith does not give you answers, it just stops you asking the questions." -Frater Ravus
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, let's see... this doesn't really make much sense to me unfortunatly. I would say that a person who does not follow Jesus christ or doesn't know him can't go to heaven. That's why missionaries have gone across the globe to spread the gospel.

And in the same time, you agreed that children who are too small to make a decision won't go to hell? That doesn't make sense at all. What is the difference? None, both cannot make a decision, either by age or ignorance. An all-loving god would give them a chance after they die. Everyone deserves a chance, no?

What you say however really sounds like a quite bureaucratic deity that does not care about who enters where, just that the rules are followed by strictly, as stupid as they may be.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

yes I do believe in heaven and hell

hopefully to heaven ^^

Is God really real?

I dont know, there is no evidence for the existence and neither for it non existence, but I do believe god exist. most religious people denied science, but I dont see any reason for why you cant believe in both
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

but I dont see any reason for why you cant believe in both

It's mostly because religious texts contradict facts, such as the universe being created much more than 6000 years ago. But since the bible is claimed to be God's direct infallible word, many ignore those facts. If you take the whole bible as a metaphor or moral story, then it's fine.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If you take the whole bible as a metaphor or moral story, then it's fine.

Of course taking the whole thing as a metaphor only leaves a person essentially saying "these things are real because a fictional story says so." To take some parts as metaphor and others not leaves no clear distinction between what is what. Also there have been large amounts of back tracking on what is what since the 18th century.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/403147_264442463618133_119640064765041_753622_1362111722_n.jpg
Showing 571-585 of 811