ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 188850
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

just because soome people have mental issues dosen't mean they can't comprehend God, the vast majority of them do,

Even if this is true that still leaves some who can't, those are the one being talked about here.

and God does not torture the unbelievers, Satan does.

That's no excuse for a claimed all powerful being who could by such an attribute could stop the torture any time he felt like it.

they didn't give people a choice, but God does.

Yeah a bit like how a mugger gives you the choice between handing your money over or being shot. ...It's a choice.

they didn't love those people enough to offer them an eternity in paradise, but God does

Paradise apparently equally kiss Gods *** for eternity as a reward for kissing his *** before you died. (Revelation 4:1-11, 4:8 creatures never stop praising God, 4:9 when ever the creatures do it those who live for ever do as well.)

There's your gimps of this paradise you're offered.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

He doesn't, but He has a direct role in it, by creating such people, and by doing so, condemning them to a sure ticket to Hell and Satan's nasty Halls of Horror.

they didn't give people a choice, but God does. they didn't love those people enough to offer them an eternity in paradise, but God does

God creates such people. I fail to see how they have a voice in the matter.

Anyway, take a look at one of the many ''conflicting'' views you say Christianity holds. Sounds quite horrendous, this Church fellow. Seems quite clear to segments of the Christian Church, that most of us are going to Hell.
gnosiphile
gnosiphile
58 posts
Nomad

Not that I'm disagreeing that many sects of Christianity are hateful bigots, but you may want to pick your quotes from places other than Landover Baptist which is a deeply sarcastic site making fun of religion rather than endorsing it.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

So, God practices rendition. He hands over the heinous sinners to Satan, with the intent and purpose of facilitating torture which would be wrongful in heaven. That's very thoughtful of him ...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Not that I'm disagreeing that many sects of Christianity are hateful bigots, but you may want to pick your quotes from places other than Landover Baptist which is a deeply sarcastic site making fun of religion rather than endorsing it.

Oops! Didn't realise that, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Oops! Didn't realise that, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out!

I tend to find it rather telling when it's hard to tell the difference between a joke/trolling and the real thing.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

[quote]I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

everyone does wrong it doesnât matter so much how much wrong/right youâve done but more if youâve excepted Jesus as your savior

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

everyone does wrong it doesn�t matter so much how much wrong/right you�ve done but more if you�ve excepted Jesus as your savior

1. That's stupid argumenting; of course every action will be bad to the eyes of at least someone, that doesn't make it bad per se.

2. How can good deeds not matter in a religion like christianism? That's something I'll never understand..

3. So if we assume that Hitler accepted Jesus as his saviour, we have to assume he's in heaven now? One more reason not to end up there then
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

2. How can good deeds not matter in a religion like christianism? That's something I'll never understand..

I can explain it, although I don't agree with it.

Good deeds DO matter, but they don't affect whether you go to heaven or hell.

According to Christian dogma, the only way to heaven is through accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and, depending on your specific cult, other such things as baptism or confession, communion, etc.

Good deeds are encouraged and smiled upon, but they won't help you get to heaven, as it teaches that you are a powerless sinner and that only through the grace of God will you be saved.

From what I'm aware of, most of the Protestant beliefs have it said that you have to accept Jesus Christ AND do good deeds to get to heaven, or at least no heinous bad ones.

excepted Jesus as your savior

And this is why grammar matters. You just said that if we don't have Jesus Christ as our savior we'll be fine. Accept doesn't have the same meaning as except.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

3. So if we assume that Hitler accepted Jesus as his saviour, we have to assume he's in heaven now? One more reason not to end up there then

Along with a good majority of prison inmates. Us "immoral atheists" only make up something like 0.25% of the prisons. Of course joining us in Hell is the majority of the scientific community.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/427412_126546390807565_100003566158824_103251_1056494061_n.jpg
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

excepted Jesus as your savior

And this is why grammar matters. You just said that if we don't have Jesus Christ as our savior we'll be fine. Accept doesn't have the same meaning as except.

Lads, looks like the rest of us are going to have harp lessons for eternity. Oh God, no.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I'm an Atheist, but I firmly believe that if this all turns out to be true, I am going to Hell. It's not that I think myself a bad person, it's just that I have committed most every sin short of murder without really repenting or even believing in the first place. My only wish for myself in the afterlife is that I will be allowed to take the punishment of my friends and family so they won't have to suffer. Just the very thought of that scares me like nothing I've known before, but it's the least I can do to repay them. Hopefully, there is no Hell...

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

That is a very kind thing to do for your family and friends and God will probably see the good in you and let your suffering in Hell be short.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

That is a very kind thing to do for your family and friends and God will probably see the good in you and let your suffering in Hell be short.

Last I checked Hell was pretty much eternal.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
- Marcus Aurelius
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
- Marcus Aurelius

I like the quote. Well, except that people will forget about you. Within a few centuries, you'll probably be forgotten. I do still like the message it tries to get across.
Showing 601-615 of 811