ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 184399
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

I think I'm a reincarnation of Muhatma Gandhi. Then again, his ashes were dumped in the Ganghes river so he probably went straight to nirvana. Oh well.

SwordGamesxD
SwordGamesxD
27 posts
Nomad

I believe in reincarnation, and don't believe in Hell or Heaven.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

Reincarnation in the Hindu sense is cool, if you do bad in one life, your punished by becoming a worm in the next life. If you do really well, you become a holy cow. That sure is a good incentive.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Reincarnation in the Hindu sense is cool, if you do bad in one life, your punished by becoming a worm in the next life. If you do really well, you become a holy cow. That sure is a good incentive.

Unless you're one of those holy cows who is scheduled to become a holy happy meal. In that case I'd take the worm. Any rate without evidence of a soul even this is meaningless.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Any rate without evidence of a soul even this is meaningless.

not only that, it's also not what the hindu reincarnation is about.
but no1 has readed this, because i do not have the interest to explain it. (to busy whit work) maybe some1 els wants to. if they know what i mean.
frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

not only that, it's also not what the hindu reincarnation is about.
but no1 has readed this, because i do not have the interest to explain it. (to busy whit work) maybe some1 els wants to. if they know what i mean.

No, I don't know what you mean, don't know much about hindu reincarnation, just saying what little I've learned.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,989 posts
Grand Duke

Seeing that reincarnation is mainly a Hindu and Buddhist concept, I'm starting to wonder whether you're just plucking religious misconceptions from thin air.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

Um no, I'm just saying what I know, I don't know if it's right, but I'm pretty sure it is.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,989 posts
Grand Duke

Oh wait I misread some parts. Oh well.

And no, if you do decently, you reincarnate as a human again, not an animal. If you really do well, typically after a few cycles, you stop reincarnating since you have achieved moksha.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

And no, if you do decently, you reincarnate as a human again, not an animal.

Well, what I learned about the hindu reincarnation is that if you do really bad in past lives, you become a worm/insect/parasite, and if you do decently, you become a human, (I think that in the hindu caste system your supposedly born into a better caste if you do better in a past life) and if you are a perfect saint, then you become a holy cow.

If you really do well, typically after a few cycles, you stop reincarnating since you have achieved moksha.

I'm assuming that's a buddhist thing, because in Hinduism it's called nirvana.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,989 posts
Grand Duke

No, Nirvana is a Buddhist concept, Moksha is a Hindu one.

And no, cows are revered for their agricultural value and sign of wealth, but we don't reincarnate as them if we accrue enough karma. Reincarnation is not viewed as a reward but merely a stepping stone to final liberation.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm assuming that's a buddhist thing, because in Hinduism it's called nirvana.

Hinduism has three major versions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moksha

"Hinduism
There are three major views on moksha from traditional Vedanta philosophy."
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i knew i could trust on you nicho... thx for trying to explain to him. i knew some1 els could do it beter then i.

No, I don't know what you mean, don't know much about hindu reincarnation, just saying what little I've learned.

the sentence was not only for you but for every1 that readed it.
if any1 knew what it was realy about, i would have liked them to explain it to you.
wich nicho try's to =) (thx again)

Um no, I'm just saying what I know, I don't know if it's right, but I'm pretty sure it is.

i dunno where or who youve learned it from. but it's not right.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,260 posts
Regent

Reincarnation sounds nice as a concept, nicer than heaven at least, but it requires almost the same things; namely the existence of a soul or any kind of spiritual constance. Since this is bull**** (see any serious reference book about neurology), I don't think it's any more probable.

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

Seeing that reincarnation is mainly a Hindu and Buddhist concept, I'm starting to wonder whether you're just plucking religious misconceptions from thin air.

Nope.More of an optimistic belief in reincarnation.
Showing 631-645 of 811