ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 183714
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
157C
157C
58 posts
Peasant

I'm catholic so i believe in heaven and hell. If you do good you go to heaven but if you commit crimes you go to hell. It's really simple to understand but hard to do. I'm a Catholic and i'm proud to be.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

-Why are you Catholic? Why not any other form of Christianity? Or any other religion for that matter?
-What do you mean by 'do good' and 'commit crimes'? Do you follow every rule laid out in the Bible or just follow the civil laws of whichever country you live in?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

commit crimes

whats a crime? usually a crime is something objective and obvious but when it comes to religious every person has a different opinion. so is not being christian a crime in your opinion? you need to use a better word for that.

[/quote]Why are you Catholic? Why not any other form of Christianity? Or any other religion for that matter?[quote]

born to a catholic family is my guess
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

I can't really imagine a heaven or a hell. Kinda hard to imagine burning or living in paradise for eternity, y'know?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

heaven is real:

"heaven on earth"

hell is real as well:

"your a living hell!"

Something that's also real is word play.

DOn't forget metaphors and similes - they're real as well.

so true, i mean the word play, metaphors and similes.

where is the proof that EVERYTHING in the bible is true? because god said it?

I can't really imagine a heaven or a hell. Kinda hard to imagine burning or living in paradise for eternity, y'know?

people dont know how heaven or hell look, they think it looks like something that they can imagine. so if you can imagine heaven is a place like sky piea in one piece and hell is like the hell in constantine...i want to say that people have different imagine pictures how heaven and hell look. sadly that nobody came back WITH EVIDENCE to proof how they look.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I think the point is that we can't imagine Heaven or Hell, so then nobody will actually think Heaven or Hell is real. Therefore people will have to choose on their own to be good or bad and in the end you might go to Heaven or Hell.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I think the point is that we can't imagine Heaven or Hell, so then nobody will actually think Heaven or Hell is real. Therefore people will have to choose on their own to be good or bad and in the end you might go to Heaven or Hell.

What does that say for those claiming they are real?
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

in a way, this is a logical fallacy, but only on the assumption that they are real in the first place. we can assume that heaven and hell aren't real because of the fact that evolution has a major foothold in our educational system, has been proven correct in many occasions, and the bible's claim that the world is 6000 years old has been completely wrecked when people actually started questioning the bible.

-Blade
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

but only on the assumption that they are real in the first place. we can assume that heaven and hell aren't real because

It pretty much ends there.

We have absolutely no evidence of anything which religions claim. No evidence of a god, no evidence of a soul, no evidence of absolute rights and wrongs, no evidence of creation, no evidence of the vast majority of the stories claimed in their books, no prophecies that came true that aren't so open ended that it could happen a thousand different ways at any time, and last but not least a lot of things which religion is wrong about.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

We have absolutely no evidence of anything which religions claim. No evidence of a god, no evidence of a soul, no evidence of absolute rights and wrongs, no evidence of creation, no evidence of the vast majority of the stories claimed in their books, no prophecies that came true that aren't so open ended that it could happen a thousand different ways at any time, and last but not least a lot of things which religion is wrong about.

we have evidence for the evolution so we can say the world is older than 6000 years.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I would also add that every single time we have abandoned the magical, supernatural explanation for the naturalistic one is, when we make progress and advance our knowledge and understanding. Never has this worked in reverse.

we have evidence for the evolution so we can say the world is older than 6000 years.

Some of the first evidence people took note of that suggested an Earth that was older than what was predicted using the Bible came from the observation of the geological layers. This was observed even before we developed radiometric dating methods. Just the number of these layers alone indicated to those studying the Earth that it had to be much older.
pokemonfire
pokemonfire
690 posts
Nomad

I bilive that the bible has to be true,:

Look:

how was it written if not?
if so who came up with the great idea of it?
if heaven and the bible and jeasus are metioned,then who is right? atieths? christans? judist? muslims?

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Protip: Dictionaries are your friend.

Anyway, that's like saying "how could anyone have come up with the idea for Harry Potter if it wasn't true? Wizards and magic MUST be real!"

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There is a three foot tall pink invisible flying elephant standing on your head.
Now how could I have written that if it wasn't true?

if so who came up with the great idea of it?

People... It's easy for us to come up with supernatural claims.

if heaven and the bible and jeasus are metioned,then who is right? atieths? christans? judist? muslims?

Since we have no evidence to support any of it then withhold belief until testable objective evidence can be presented. This is one way we eliminate believing in fewer false things as possible and believe more true things.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I bilive that the bible has to be true,:

Look:

http://avinagiraffe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jesus-facepalm.jpg

Seriously. Just because someone says something that doesn't make it true.
Showing 676-690 of 811