ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182733
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

lol, you're in for a big let-down. WORMFOOD!

There is an upside. You won't have a consciousness to be able to experience all that nastiness that will happen to your body as it breaks down.
NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Okay there is a God and he is in Heaven right now. There isn't really a hell.. I mean he will come to take his saved ones and the ones who aren't saved will just die not painful or anything, they just won't exist anymore. Well this is in MY religion, you don't have to agree.

And as for the other question, I don't know if I'll make it to heaven, only God knows. But the way things are going now...it doesn't seem too good for me :/

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There isn't really a hell.. I mean he will come to take his saved ones and the ones who aren't saved will just die not painful or anything, they just won't exist anymore. Well this is in MY religion, you don't have to agree.

Passages like this would have to be ignored for you to make this statement.

Revelation 20:14-15 (NIV)
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Messed up the passage quote. Should be this.

Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Okay there is a God and he is in Heaven right now. There isn't really a hell.. I mean he will come to take his saved ones and the ones who aren't saved will just die not painful or anything, they just won't exist anymore. Well this is in MY religion, you don't have to agree.

again, your religion is one of 34,000, and not to mention every single one contradicts eachother one way or another. anyone else think that this widespread misunderstanding doesn't really argue in christianity's favor?

-Blade
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

oh goodie, another religious zealot. you'd fit perfectly with AoGC because both you and them share the same thing. you place your life in the hands of a false concept.

Says the person who is really believing the false concept.

funny, your religion also believed the world was flat once, we proved that wrong just like your god.

I hope you know that YOU, did not prove anything wrong. And I never believed the world was flat. But clearly, you can't let go of the past if you keep bringing it up.

god didn't create man, man created god. see what I did? I have no backing for that statement, so I don't expect you to believe it, just like how I don't believe in your god.

You go ahead and believe that. Without God, we would be nothing. Where do you think we came from? A magical explosion? Read about explosion, brainiac. There are several things that need to be present to cause an explosive reaction, and if there was NOTHING, those things weren't there.

quit trying to dodge the subject, and prove that your god exists. no, the bible doesn't count, nor that special feeling you get when you think god has a hand in something. I'm talking cold, hard, undeniable fact, something that religion has nothing of.

Fact? Fact? The undeniable fact is that when Jesus cracks the sky open, you're gonna swallow every word you ever said against Christianity and how you think it's a 'lie'.

I'm pretty sure you're pulling this fact out of your ***, because I can't find anything about this on google and goumas explained pretty well why this couldn't be true.

Dude, have you never taken a science class on what causes the tide? The moons gravitational pull. And if the moon was closer, its gravitational pull would be stronger. Obviously you're looking in the wrong place.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Says the person who is really believing the false concept.

Hold it right there. If you're not going to even brandish proof for assertions, you're essentially spouting air, or claptrap. In other words, utter nonsense.

You go ahead and believe that. Without God, we would be nothing. Where do you think we came from? A magical explosion? Read about explosion, brainiac. There are several things that need to be present to cause an explosive reaction, and if there was NOTHING, those things weren't there.

Funny enough, if people are as crude in their expression as you, yes a ''magical explosion''. It seems to me that religious folk think that the Big Bang is just a simple ''magical explosion'' in any case.

Humans as a species, or just about any living thing today came from single celled organisms, which themselves came from inorganic chemicals, in a process called abiogenesis. It's highly recommended you read the theory, if you want to engage in meaningful debate, and allow a cessation of users calling you a numbskull. Which you are, if you argue without any notable observable evidence.

Dude, have you never taken a science class on what causes the tide? The moons gravitational pull. And if the moon was closer, its gravitational pull would be stronger. Obviously you're looking in the wrong place.

No one is denying this, since most of us have gotten past such elementary science lessons. What we are denying is your wondrous lack of intellect and hyperbolic nature of argument that betray your callow thought process when you spout, pardon, bull **** like:

Explain how, if the moon was 0.01% bigger or that much closer, the tide would be over 100 ft, yet if it was 0.01% smaller or that much farther away, the tide wouldn't be enough. Explain to me how that can possibly be caused by an explosion, or an accident.

What we are targeting is the clearly erroneous calculations going on here.

Fact? Fact? The undeniable fact is that when Jesus cracks the sky open, you're gonna swallow every word you ever said against Christianity and how you think it's a 'lie'.

Well, he better hurry up then, we've been waiting for over two thousand years, and my coffee is getting cold. You do realise you have absolutely no proof apart from a book that has been ripped apart in any way possible don't you?

Nah, I shouldn't expect too much of people.
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

Yes we again see it's effect, however we can also physically see oxygen by drastically reducing it's temperature to the point it reaches a liquid state.
See, here's a picture of it.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Liquid_Oxygen.gif

I would just like to say that that is actually the humidity in the air. That's why when people use dehumidifiers, the bin fills with water. Humidity.
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

No one is denying this, since most of us have gotten past such elementary science lessons. What we are denying is your wondrous lack of intellect and hyperbolic nature of argument that betray your callow thought process when you spout, pardon, bull **** like:

My wondrous lack of intellect? Well, I think you should correct all of your grammatical errors before assaulting me with words.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My wondrous lack of intellect? Well, I think you should correct all of your grammatical errors before assaulting me with words.

1) You know you're losing an argument or have nothing to say when you move to grammar.

2) There's nothing wrong with my grammar, apart from the occasional long sentence, which dribbles on, but still conforms to the rough English structure.

Bottomline, go and read, then come back.
Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

I think you need to reread the post then, because I found a few grammatical errors.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Nothing more to add to the topic? Not going to defend your claims? Just going to get all petty and pathetic now? Good case closed.

Kaidou16
Kaidou16
20 posts
Nomad

I'll defend my claims when I see you on Judgement day. See how things work out then. You've been warned.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

I would just like to say that that is actually the humidity in the air. That's why when people use dehumidifiers, the bin fills with water. Humidity.

Or you could check the source, which says its LIQUID OXYGEN.

First off, it wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion. Second quantum mechanics says something can come from nothing.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'll defend my claims when I see you on Judgement day. See how things work out then. You've been warned.

Oh yes, the fond fantasy oft referred to by Christians when we go around the Earth searching for our bodies before we are all resurrected.

It still takes my breath away that people can believe in just about anything when the alternative is a lava jacuzzi.
Showing 721-735 of 811