ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182549
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You can keep your sense of self-entitlement but know that people have learned from history. It's highly unlikely that your religion will be allowed to make decisions for society. The last time it was permitted to, human progress decelerated for over 500 years - the Dark Ages.

Unfortunately the religion still has heavy influence in society. This is what primarily makes it so hard for say homosexuals to get the equality they should have. Since we are on slavery it's was because of religion that such an institution lasted as long as it did. There are numerous other examples as well of where religion has been put into law.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fast forward two thousand years, slavery today has been abolished and branded as "bad".

Abolished? With an estimated 27 million slaves today? I think not. It's mostly in the Western countries where society has branded slavery as ultimately 'bad'.

But I agree with what you originally wanted to say (before the discussion disgressed onto slavery). Good and bad are subjective notions. That doesn't mean that a hypotetical deity cannot divide people by its own notions of good and bad, but that would kinda disenchant the image of objective morals and the like. And by that discredit the deity.

I was playing the first fable game when I came across this grave. It said: Here lies an athiest. All dressed up with nowhere to go.

Dust to dust... does that ring a bell? Blade is right of course.

You can comment me when I said gay marriage but I will not respond. Simply because I am not interested inthat right now.

Then better say nothing.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

That's a pretty good argument. Today slavery is bad simply because we make it bad. hmm. Just like we make something good simply because we say it is good. Like *cough* gay marriage *cough cough* You can comment me when I said gay marriage but I will not respond. Simply because I am not interested inthat right now.

so if you say murder is good it becomes good because you said that without a reason? slavery is bad because...would you like it to be treated as like you belonged to a master, having no rights so your master can even kill you without going to jail?
hersheykissxoxo
hersheykissxoxo
7 posts
Nomad

What good comes out of slavery?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

What good comes out of slavery?

Only good stuff for the master, but the ends do not justify the means.

so if you say murder is good it becomes good because you said that without a reason?

Money will probably end up justifying a lot of things. Perhaps even murder will be legalized in the future like for a gladiator match or a televised duel. It wouldn't even have a 'victim' because all participants would sign legal stuff that says they accept the risk and the company isn't responsible for what happens.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Money will probably end up justifying a lot of things. Perhaps even murder will be legalized in the future like for a gladiator match or a televised duel. It wouldn't even have a 'victim' because all participants would sign legal stuff that says they accept the risk and the company isn't responsible for what happens.

even if the participants are forced to fight? or would that be slavery?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

even if the participants are forced to fight? or would that be slavery?

That would be a form of slavery. It would likely be the poor who volunteer to fight for prize money/fame, just like it was in Roman times.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Excacly when I entered this 76th page I don't see anyone talking about heaven or hell (I just wanted to see other topics and found this).

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I don't see anyone talking about heaven or hell

It seems to have sidetracked into a general "right and wrong" discussion, which should be fine because it's still on the topic of morals and moral ambiguity/tolerance.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Excacly when I entered this 76th page I don't see anyone talking about heaven or hell (I just wanted to see other topics and found this).

it's mostly because most of the christians on this site are no longer trying to post on this section (except macfan, and all of his ignorant glory).

-Blade
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Dude, if you think that I'm a Christian than you're wrong.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Dude, if you think that I'm a Christian than you're wrong.

honestly, I really don't care if you are or not. I was just wanting to continue the conversation.

-Blade
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

here's a question do you belive that you will go to Heaven or Hell?

Do you even think we deserve to go to Heaven even if we do bad deeds in our lives?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

No.

Do you even think we deserve to go to Heaven even if we do bad deeds in our lives?

Do you think we deserve to go to hell even if we did some good deeds in our lives?
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I myself believe that such harsh judgements comming from the all-powerful equivalent of a kid frying ants with a magnifying glass is rather ficticious, but that's my opinion.

if it did exist, it would probably depend on the grade of how terrible the act is, looking at a woman inapropriately probably won't matter, but something along the lines of homicide would be much more deserving of punishment.

-Blade
Showing 751-765 of 811