ForumsThe TavernWhat's your most irrational fear?

32 5749
bananaboy7
bananaboy7
6 posts
Nomad

Mine would have to be getting my feet/toes bitten off by large fish/sharks when I go swimming, Or when I walk over a storm drain and feel as though it's going to collapse from underneath me. How about you guys?

• 32 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well you can be calm about the first one since a sharks mouth is big and he probably eat much more then just your feet XD. and i do think that accept of pirahanas there arent any more fish with teeth but im not sure.

i think the drain one is pretty common though. i saw many people like that.

i guess mine would be blood and inner organs. i just cant see those things and it makes me feel horibble when do see them

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Boils, pimples, the like, I really hate those I Jude want to either cut them of or pop them and make everything nice and unblemished *shudder*

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Similar to OP but it was more a problem when I was a kid. I was frightened there were sharks in the pool, despite it not being possible since there was enough chlorine to bleach my hair brown. A little paradoxical since I was a national swimmer and swam competitively for more than a decade.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Similar to OP but it was more a problem when I was a kid. I was frightened there were sharks in the pool, despite it not being possible since there was enough chlorine to bleach my hair brown. A little paradoxical since I was a national swimmer and swam competitively for more than a decade.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

Mine is the fear of my wrists getting cut or otherwise hurt. Every time I see someone's wrists getting hurt in a movie or on TV (or in real life ofcourse but that rarely happens) I get really distressed. I can't hold anything sharp near my hands without the fear kicking in. When I start to get distressed about it I pull my sleeves down and cover my hands and cross them against my body.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

hieghts .killersup hates hieghts with a passion.for irrational killersup is afraid that when he goes to a thunderstorm he will be electrocuted.killersup was electrocuted once at work it was so terrible he was not ablt to feel anything and body parts just started to go in a frenzy that he could not control.so terrible.so very terrible

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I am scared of snowplows. Once I threw a snowball at a snowplow and it honked its horn at me, which scared the heck out of me and ever since when I see a snowplow I resist the urge to hide.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Death, still is a possibly in your view of an irrational fear. I am an atheist therefore I don't believe in life after death and that paired with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder: Can't sit still and always has to be doing something) and the knowledge that there is nothing after death makes me very unneasy around the topic.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I am definitly a storm drain freak, I avoid them whenever possible.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i have a strange fear that i am the only real person in the entire world and all of you are fake. matrix...*shivers*

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

i have a strange fear that i am the only real person in the entire world and all of you are fake. matrix...*shivers*

I think that sometimes too, but I think that is just me being weird. :P
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

i somtimes feel like my life is just all make beleive and that somone is controling me.like a little girl with a playhouse.exect i cannot see her or her majical box of horror

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I am also a hight freak, I hatehatehatehate hights.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Walking on a bridge where you can see the water running fast under it.
It's like the bridge moves to the side and I get dizzy. :O

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

hate hights.

I love heights ^.^

Hmm...I don't know what my most irrational fear would be. I'm a really rational person, so probably the most irrational fear I have is that ants will bite me while I sleep (which isn't that irrational considering I've had a large ant problem recently in my house)
Showing 1-15 of 32