ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50759
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

In RPGs (medieval/fantasy style) I usually always start with a melee game, swords mostly. I frequently also use shields in the left hand if there are any. I like medium or heavy armor, anything that has to do with smithing/repairing armor. Of course it needs high strength to carry a lot and strike strongly, which goes on the depense of speed, agility and the like. But I prefer to be a slow tank that can defend itself than a light sneaky dude that gets killed with each blow.

In strategy games, I use the turtle strategy a lot. I simply cannot leave even advanced bases without good defence. I guess this has to do with the PC opponents being able to multitask units to attack all my posts constantly while I condense my attacks. I don't like to constantly rebuild everything. The downside is that sometimes offense is a better defense than defense itself.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

xbox box style man
its relaxing

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I mostly play MW3 and I play objectively. I play domination and sometimes kill confirmed. I'll go for the win but still have a good k/d ratio. I think I do the worst against snipers because I rush and use close range guns, but snipers are easy to avoid and I take routes which are mostly close range.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

xbox box style man
its relaxing

What on earth is that? Never heard of 'xbox box style' gaming... (o.O)

So, what do you do when you play that way exactly? =)
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Considering multiplayers, I'm usually the only medic in BF3, if not a sniper. I basically choose whatever class is needed in TF3. I usually play Capture the Flag, though I just play it for the long amount of time.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I actually don't play too many games where you can actually "win". My favorite games are the RCT series, the Sims series, and my all-time favorite which I deeply miss now that I have Windows 7, Sim City 4. I can play them for hours because they never end and neither do the possibilities you can reach within each game.

I guess you could say that my gaming style would be me playing as the almighty being rather than as some character. Action isn't my scene.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I basically agree with Ernie except I don't play the Sim's, my son does. I like the building part of the games but I find the virtual interations with other characters to be strange.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I like the building part of the games but I find the virtual interations with other characters to be strange.

I felt that same way when I played the Sims 2. I'd spend hours designing houses, and then I'd end up playing with the Sims who lived there for about 15 or 20 minutes.

But then, when the Sims 3 took over, the versatility of the interactions created a much more stimulating gaming experience (and everything takes an eternity years to save, so that influenced me to play with the same Sims for longer periods of time).
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I'm up, close and personal since I don't play FPS games. I run at you with my sword and slash right trough your armor and maybe cast a spell which boost whatever I need.

deeply miss now that I have Windows 7, Sim City 4

Why do u miss it. I still play it on win7.
Every day half an hour.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Why do u miss it. I still play it on win7.
Every day half an hour.

How did you get it to work? The process always aborted itself whenever I tried to install it.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I think it's time to update the 'QotW' thread there Frank... it's been a very long week already!

*roots*

New Q! New Q! New Q! =D

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I like to listen to music and do it

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think it's time to update the 'QotW' thread there Frank... it's been a very long week already!

You must look deeper into the title...

Official Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Gaming Style

Two + Week = TWeek

It's every two weeks now, apparently. I don't know why it can't be updated more frequently, either, but this is a sticky, so therefore this matter shall not be questioned any further.

But why must the English spelling of favorite be used in the title? It's so British, my spell-check doesn't even recognize it.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

wait Tweek is 2 weeks! I thought it was just when he wanted to update it or tweek it if you will.

Well let's see, reasons why it is not updated more often:

1) it gives more time for people to post. Some are not on every week.

2-3) Mods do not live on AG and it probably takes a bit of thinking to come up with good questions. Plus Voidy is the one that made the thread. We are lucky that Frank updates it for us.

victor520
victor520
39 posts
Peasant

I like mac because it is fairly new and is very different from the rest. And because of this, I like macs and they are very useful and productive.

Showing 136-150 of 189