ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50765
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think the GDC is still going on, although it hasn't had any real discussion for awhile.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

uhh
nba playoffs and off season
this years nfl season
and planking
or any thing i made lol

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

No point having this a sticky if no one bothers keeping it updated. I'm unstickying this for now and taking over.

Should toilet paper go over or under? Discuss.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Over.

When it's under I get it tangled up.

Weird topic.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Over, mang. It's easier to grab, and when I put it under sometimes it rips when I don't want it to.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

No point having this a sticky if no one bothers keeping it updated.

Amen to that brutha!

Should toilet paper go over or under?

Is that even a question? Over! You get a better, more powerful rip when it's over! Under means you have to reach slightly farther, and frankly I'm not okay with that!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Over, because if it's under, you're a terrorist (as justified by my local radio host).

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Under. I enjoy flying planes into buildings. definitely under.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I'm unstickying this for now and taking over.

Well as long as someone is making new questions I don't care if it is stickied. And Voidy should be the one updating but nooo. He is never on.

Anyway, over. Always had it that way. Never seen anyone do under before.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Over. I just like it that way.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

over
its easier to pull

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

In retrospect, this may not have been the best question. It's far too controversial.

I'm almost certain there has to be someone who legitimately prefers toilet paper under.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I'm almost certain there has to be someone who legitimately prefers toilet paper under.

Well... not me! I'm going basically with what Skeleton_Pilot said:

Over! You get a better, more powerful rip when it's over! Under means you have to reach slightly farther, and frankly I'm not okay with that!

Why go under when it can go over? Over is just plain easier in all aspects. Really there's not much more to elaborate on this.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Over is just plain easier in all aspects.

For mine it's a spacial issue. The roll is across from my knee and up a few inches so my arm is well under the roll, making it much easier to simply slide my arm horizontally. I'd have to 'chicken wing' if it was over.
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Are there any real advantages whatsoever to having your toilet paper go under instead of over? I can't think of one good reason to ever allow my toilet paper to go under.

Showing 166-180 of 189