ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50769
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Hit command **** 4. Open Chrome. Go to photobucket. Login. Hit upload.

Wait... you just added a whole extra step for windows s you kindof cheated right there.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Windows, because I've been using it for some time and I haven't even thought about switching at all.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

My family and I use MAC only. The primary reason for this is that there are fewer computer viruses written to infect MAC software, as opposed to there being quite many aimed at Windows systems.

Additionally, having used both MAC and Windows systems, my experience is that MAC is more user friendly and easier to operate.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Windows is my favorite. I mostly like it because I'm a big PC gamer and there aren't many games for Mac and/or Linux. Even though Windows is capable of getting viruses, they're easy to prevent if you're a smart person.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I prefer Windows because I have been using it my whole life and I'm used to it. Actually, I've never thought about changing it. I used Linux a few times when I was at college and I found it a bit confusing.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I've never bothered upgrading to any of these newer OS's. I've been using MS-DOS for the last 30 years or so and it's been great. Word processing has never been so easy

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

New topic!

What was your most memorable vacation/trip and why?

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Probably my trip with my family to Jamaica. It was the first time I was out of the country and it was interesting to see how the people lived.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

My trip to california. Because it happened last week. But other than that, probably my trip D.R. It was my first time, I got to meet family, experience a different kind of life. I almost got lost, drowned, I had sugarcane. It was great.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

When I went for a couple weeks with my family to Walt Disney. I went when I was young, but I still remember it being so cool and fun.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

For me, it's gotta be my trip to Busch Gardens in Florida. That's one awesome amusement park. I went a long time ago when I was scared of most of the big coasters. But now I wanna go back and ride the huge ones! XD Well that's my answer, just in case anyone even cares.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

The trip to Alaska with my whole moms side of the family. Was a long flight and a bit colder than we expected but it was tons of fun

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Well im in cancun right now so id say this one!!!

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Several years ago I went to Washington, D.C. to tour the Smithsonian Institution. I was able to go beyond the public displays and see the curation labs and talk to the curators. Also, while I was in the area, the military was having a public expo on the "mall" (if you don't know, it's a big, open, grassy area near the Smithsonian), so I was able to see a lot of current and even prototype weapons systems and talk to their operators.
Then on the way out of D.C., I got to visit the Udvar-Hazy Center, which is a division of the Smithsonian Air And Space Museum where they house most of their larger and special aircraft, including the Space Shuttle.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Well, if I ever had a vacation, maybe I would remember one.
*dejected look as I look dramatically into the distance with emotional music in the background*

Showing 16-30 of 189