ForumsThe TavernHave you ever went sking or snowboarding?

70 12860
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

i just went sking and i didnt really enjoy it...

• 70 Replies
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Skiing is easy to learn but hard to master

snowboarding is hard to learn but easy to master

thats the differnce..ask anyone who does both.

personally i prefer skiing.

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

Snowboarding, FTW!
In my opinion, snowboarding is so much easier and fun than skiing. I love to go snow boarding any time we take a trip to the mountains. It is about as easy as riding a scooter or skateboard. I tried skiing a couple of time, but I just about broke all my limbs on my last run, so I never did it again.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

How could you not enjoy skiing!!!!!???????

One time I went skiing and my legs were far apart. I was going down a mountain at like 20 mph, BTW. I came up to a tree and I crashed into it, each leg on either side of the tree. It's obvious that it hurt a lot, when you realize that I'm a guy.

I'm a snowboarder now! Lol
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Went skiing once and it was real fun! never went snowboarding though!

skittlezareAWESOME
skittlezareAWESOME
54 posts
Nomad

I've been skiing a couple times, though we usually don't go often. I used to snowboard... on my neighbors hill. xD He has this GIANT hill that runs completely downhill so you go really fast when snowboarding. I haven't done either in awhile though...

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I've been snowboarding but not skiing.There is this huge hill and when it snows my family usually goes there.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I've never been skiing or snowboarding. Unless you count the time I built a 3 foot slope, stood on top on my snowboard, looked down, and decided to sit on the snowboard and slide down like that instead. Yep. I'm that talented.

Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

I haven't boarded yet, should probably try that out one of these days =D But I love skiing, I go at least once every two weeks, more around once a week. I've been skiing for years and still loving it as much as I did when I started. Now I ski backwards more than I ski forwards; it changes up the routine of things XD

I've never been skiing or snowboarding. Unless you count the time I built a 3 foot slope, stood on top on my snowboard, looked down, and decided to sit on the snowboard and slide down like that instead. Yep. I'm that talented

Lol, that's all I'm going to say
42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I started with skiing and then switched over to snowboarding. I would say snowboarding is harder to learn but way more fun. Snowboarding is the best. I haven't skied in years so I can't really judge how good or bad it is but... yeah.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I might try Skiing the next time I go, just to compare the two. I think you have more freedom of movement though on a snowboard.

Unless you count the time I built a 3 foot slope, stood on top on my snowboard, looked down, and decided to sit on the snowboard and slide down like that instead. Yep. I'm that talented.

Are you scared of heights? Or just unsure of your ability to balance?
cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Are you scared of heights? Or just unsure of your ability to balance?

I don't really like heights, but I love rollar coasters, so I don't think that is a problem. I'm very unsure of my ability to balance
Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

I'm very unsure of my ability to balance

I wouldn't recommend that you become a ballerina then
cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I wouldn't recommend that you become a ballerina then

Nope. I'll stick with playing musical instruments. That doesn't take any balance, haha!
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I went cross country skiing, but I'm a snowboarder. Go all the time.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SKING IS A PART OF MY LIFE! I COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT IT!!! I'D DIE!!

Showing 16-30 of 70