ForumsGamesBattlefield 3

356 49398
GabrielLouis
GabrielLouis
14 posts
Nomad

Comment about Battlefield 3, How is it in your opinion? Graphics, Vehicles, etc.....

• 356 Replies
chives1
chives1
27 posts
Peasant

You can usually tell they're CoD players if they don't work as a team

While that is sadly true in many cases, I believe that some people who don't play the objective directly still camp and kill the people who are going to go towards the objective a few seconds later, and no special recognition separates those campers from the K/D ratio-obsessed campers.

But, for all the work put into camping those same people could actually contribute and be rewarded triply for playing the objective, while still keeping a decent ratio. I play CoD and I've seen many a person who gets MVP for playing the objective, myself most of the time. And I still maintain a 1.50 K/D ratio after 40,000 + kills and 3,500 defends and captures apiece. Let that be a message to the noobs out there.

I hate being put on teams with those type of players.

However, if the campers didn't contribute at all to the team then in theory you would have the same or better results if the players were not there. But that does not work, as you get owned when you are 1 vs 6 on CoD. So therefore, campers must contribute to the team in some way, shape or form. The campers on the team draw out enemies to try their luck at killing them for nothing but revenge, and therefore detract from the enemies you have to deal with. So campers are a necessary, annoying, but necessary part of the FPS gaming society should we want to continue to be able to not have to deal with 6 people at the objective the whole time.

In Battlefield, the game is much more geared towards objectives. Campers can contribute a ton more in Battlefield than in CoD if they simply put down a spawn beacon or an ammo box, but I'm not asking the 4 snipers on our team to stop covering us by killing enemies from afar to come and try to arm the M-COM with their G18's. The objective players can play their part, so long as the snipers and Dark Corner McDoogles play their part as well to the best of their class's ability.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

You can usually tell they're CoD players if they don't work as a team; not arming/disarming m-coms, not capturing/defending flags, not reviving (looking at you, Vinny), not throwing down health/ammo boxes. I hate being put on teams with those type of players.

I can't always revive you. But at least I do other stuff.
ImperialSheep
ImperialSheep
2 posts
Nomad

I quite enjoy Battlefield 3, but on PS3 it is very underwhelming when the player per map count is capped at 24. Some maps feel rather barren at that level. I'd rather be playing on PC, but I have to wait until the end of the year until I have a decent enough rig to play the game on.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I can't always revive you.

Man, I'm talking about the times where I die right beside you and you just leave...
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

and then there are other times when people revive you and before you can even see light you die, that's even more annoying.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I hate what they have done to the mortar. It has been suppresed as an effective weapon. the only real use comes out of hardcore, where eventually you might get a 1 hit kill. I do like however the size of the frag and smoke grenades that come out of the m320 now though. the smoke is tremendous. good for messing with those snipers on the crane of canals.

chives1
chives1
27 posts
Peasant

I do like however the size of the frag and smoke grenades that come out of the m320 now though. the smoke is tremendous. good for messing with those snipers on the crane of canals.

The smoke grenades are also good for luring the opponents to run through a choke point, thinking we can't see them. Then you spray the entire area with PKP fire....
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

i have recently started to like the smoke for metro when my team can't get up the escalators to the M-COMs, someone does the smoke and i run up there without getting hit and take out whoever i see through the smoke with my assault rifle

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I find though that claymores are extremely effective in every tdm or rush map. They never look down and tend to run right into the deadly little box of C4. I also seem to like land mines very much because it cause the tanks to check the ground, this slows them down a bit, it also kills the tank driver who wasn't smart enough to check, most importently though is that they stay there even after you die.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I remember that day when I suicide C4 into the 2nd set A M-com (the little room) and got about 7 kills. It also saved my team. We came back and we only had 5 tickets left.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I didn't much care for the single player personaly. The online play though is very entertaining though. Wish my friends had PS3's and played BF3 instead of CoD. Oh well, it's their descion and their's alone.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I remember that day when I suicide C4 into the 2nd set A M-com (the little room) and got about 7 kills.

On metro I tend to lay down C4 on popular routes and that gets me 3+ kills at times. I remember one match I put them down that side hallway before the double doors that lead outside, got me 6+ kills.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

PKP fire

No. :c
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I like to mathc PDFs with the support class. They seem to work out pretty well on most maps. When it comes down to the big maps though I love to set up with a bipod and unload 200 rounds of pure uncensored bullets on the enemy.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I hate shotguns. It's like the game is in easymode. >

Showing 196-210 of 356