ForumsThe TavernDo You Type the "B" Key With Your Right or Left Hand?

42 44044
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I noticed that "B" has a pretty equal distance from both the left and right index fingers (if you type with all fingers) and then whenever I come to the "B" key I have to stop and think if I should type it with my left or right hand. I usually end up using my left.

• 42 Replies
calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

Calebsi types b with his right hand if the letter before was typed with his left hand but he uses his left hand when the letter before was typed with his right hand

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

well im not really a &quotrofessional" typer right now, so i use both hands

Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

I type B with my left hand for some reason even though I type N with my left hand but not B. Maybe because I use my left hand to press Space that why I press B with my left hand.

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

It usually depends on the letters I type. Say I wanted to type "berserk" I would defiantly use my right hand since the next letter "E" is closer to my left hand. So that way I can type the B and the E quickly but there are some cases when I need to maybe use the "shift key" so that's another reason why I use my right. And if I wanted to type "bop" I would use my left. There are also some cases where the second letter is closer to the B like bh. Event though the h is closer to the right, I use my right hand to type the B because they are so close and it would be quick. So to shorten it up, it depends on the capitalization and the letter after B and sometimes before B. (If the B is the last letter I would just pick a random hand, which ever feels more comfortable.)

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I'm a self-thaught typer but I use my right index-finger. Probably because i'm right handed.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Right

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Right

Please try to avoid one word posts. Thanks.

I type B using my right index finger. I always use my left pinky to hold down shift so I suppose the burden of pressing B is shifted to my right hand.

What's with these people here typing N with their left hand? If you want to get better at typing, place you index fingers on the F and J keys, they're the ones with the little bumps on them. As long as you rest your index finger on these keys, you'll pick everything else up on your own.
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Kinda random, but I use my second finger to type the b. (right) But once in a while I use my thumb, but a very good question.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

y'now, ive never really thought about it before. I type it with my right hand.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Mostly with my left, since my left already reaches the spacebar. Eben though i'm right handed. Makes ya think though.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

I usually use the left hand to type the b key. but not always. after being taught to use left hand, its just more natural.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I type the letter b with my right hand, which is strange, as i type g and t with my left.

Showing 31-42 of 42