ForumsWEPRwhy is america fat

170 72689
fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

is it the lack of exercise stress junk food (go ahead blame the food) or what i think it is technology were so dependant on technology that we stay inside all day with little human contact i am verry fit i go outside everyday run with my dog do 300 pushups a day do benchpresses and curls punch the bag ect. and i joined the navy seals and marine force recon why can no one else do this its the easyest thing in the world tell me about your ideas

• 170 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The world is fat and getting fatter. In fact Australia is right there with the USA, and many other developed nations are getting fatter everyday.

Why did I respond to an idiotic thread?

yes why do respond idiotic to this thread?

australia is right there whit the usa? plz. show me proof. all proof ive seen my entire life shows that usa is far above any other country when it comes to fat people.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Most American think USA is fat because American TVs are self centered.
It's all about them and the rest of the World doesn't exist to these narrow minded TV networks so people don't know what's really going on internationally except for wars and catastrophes because it's spectacular news.
Watch how NBC will ruin the Olympics again this Summer by pre-recording everything and filtering out the athletes from other countries than USA so that we all think it's an American competition.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

lol why didn't i think of this earlyer?
Nationsmaster

tric
tric
28 posts
Shepherd

I consider it to be a multitude of factors, some political, some social, and some personal. For example, the government subsidizes corn a huge amount, and most corn is used to make high-fructose corn syrup. So now fattening food is very inexpensive because the government (over)subsidizes the corn. Also, we consider eating at almost any time socially acceptable. In other countries, people don't eat as many snacks, and people don't bring food to business meetings. It simply isn't done. People also exercise less, and feel the need to indulge themselves more as a reward, and they consider eating out to be not a reward, but a standard thing.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Nationsmaster

i should add that the statistic of this site are a bit off. because they do not have acces to the numbers asked from all the countrys. or the country in question does not have these numbers for all kinds of reasons.
beside it it's a good source of comparing.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

americans are under educated reliant self centered ignorrant and lazy most of all lazy fracell has an excellent point and on another note thank you for your military service but like he says everyday he excercizes i do he benches runs practices his weapons and all that im very similair

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Maybe because there's a Mc Donalds, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, etc, in every corner of every street! Also a simple salad costs about twice as much as a hamburger.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Also a simple salad costs about twice as much as a hamburger.

The salads are more unhealthy/have more calories than a burger if they have dressing/meat in it.

Maybe because there's a Mc Donalds, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, etc, in every corner of every street!

They're only able to stay there because people eat there. Thus they must be wanted.
iSabby
iSabby
33 posts
Nomad

Lol. I love this thread. I love it because of the lack of common sense. America is fat. Most of it anyways. The only reason America is fat..Is because of what the people have become. Lazy/Don't Care/Not worried about what they are eating. The economy has dropped like crazy..I'm sure all that stress has a negative effect on a lot of people. Possibly causing them to gain weight. If you don't want to be "Fat/Overweight/Obese" Whatever you want to call it. Workout..Run..Be active. Heck get a job. Watch what you eat. Have some fruit instead of a donut. Just common sense. You are what you eat and that is true.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The economy has dropped like crazy.

they were already number 1 way befor the economy droped.

Workout..Run..Be active

sporting alone wont help if you keep consuming to much.

Heck get a job

depends on the job. alot jobs these days to not ask much of the body anymore. so they wont help you getting fit.

Watch what you eat. Have some fruit instead of a donut

thats only part of it. if you eat to much fruit then you might be busy being healty but you will stay fat.
their are alot of sugars in fruit anyway.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

The salads are more unhealthy/have more calories than a burger if they have dressing/meat in it.

Yeah that's why I said a simple salad. Would it really be considered a salad if it had meat in it?

They're only able to stay there because people eat there. Thus they must be wanted.

& that is why America is fat.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah that's why I said a simple salad. Would it really be considered a salad if it had meat in it?

Simple answer, yes.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Have some fruit instead of a donut

Fruit supplies vitamins and other healthy stuff while donuts don't, but the sugar content is almost equal between the two. You wont lose any weight swapping the junk food for the healthy.

The economy has dropped like crazy..I'm sure all that stress has a negative effect on a lot of people.

Not only the stress, but people are eating more and more fast food thinking it's cheaper then cooking at home. French fries and big macs take their toll over time.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

equal between the two. You wont lose any weight swapping the junk food for the healthy.

It's different types of sugar processed sugar in the donuts case and frustrate in the fruit and guess which one we evolved into digesting easily? Someone who knows more biology than I do can elaborate on this.

Not only the stress, but people are eating more and more fast food thinking it's cheaper then cooking at home. French fries and big macs take their toll over time.

It's easier to get food in first world countries and people are forced to work longer then before thus less home cooking which usually involved fresh unprocessed foods. Now everyone is busy and go out to buy cheap processed food that is loaded with fat and other chemicals that make it last longer. Also the culture hasn't helped which child in American hasn't heard of McDonalds?
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

This is kind of funny/ironic, as it's on the computer, in a flash game website.

But on topic, America is obese (not all of us, duh...) because we have large food portions. I read (yes, I am NOT addicted to armorgames) that in america, the food we waste can feed a large (forgot the exact number... :/) amount of families in poverty.

~~light_chaser~~

Showing 136-150 of 170