ForumsWEPRwhy is america fat

170 72702
fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

is it the lack of exercise stress junk food (go ahead blame the food) or what i think it is technology were so dependant on technology that we stay inside all day with little human contact i am verry fit i go outside everyday run with my dog do 300 pushups a day do benchpresses and curls punch the bag ect. and i joined the navy seals and marine force recon why can no one else do this its the easyest thing in the world tell me about your ideas

• 170 Replies
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Another problem is that in most places, soda is cheaper than water. And soda has 200-450 calories.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

That's not saying much, seeing as there are fewer than 200 countries in the world.

That's because I couldn't think of a better example.
America is fat because soda is cheaper than bottled water in most places. And soda had 200-450 calories, plus some people drink 2-5 sodas a day. It adds up.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Right, so the fact that America is the only country where you get bacon milkshakes doesn't matter at all.

thats right. it doesn't matter at all.
the netherlands is the only country in the world where you can buy a kroketburger. so has every (alot) of countrys their own exclusive fast food.
so your right it doesn't matter.

It's not like America is the only one with overweight problem.

i never said that. the topic is about that. however america sure is in the top if not the number 1 whit biggest ratio of fat people. (i don't have numbers right here and i cba to look for them. i heared about it a few times on the news so thats my only source for now)

America is fat because soda is cheaper than bottled water in most places.

about every1 i know does almost never drink water but soda.
they are not fat and i'm not fat.
soda's sure isn't the cause. maybe the amount of soda is, but not the product itself.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think America is fat because we have the best food in the world.

And you base this on what? Have you traveled around the World and sample their food?
I've been in 5 countries, Canada, USA, France, Belgium, and UK.
I didn't spend enough time there to really have an idea of the food quality but I thought French cuisine was pretty rich and my stomach had a hard time with it. I must also take into account the different time zonse so I can't really know if it is richer or not.

What I know is that if you eat a salad and add cheese, croutons, and all sort of garbage to it you will get more calories than if you'd eat a plain salad.

A balanced diet and some exercise makes all the difference in the world.

I eat apples, bananas, oranges, etc instead of cake. I like cake once in a while but not too often. I also ride my bike everyday and walk between 25 and 30 minutes a day so I'm not fat.

If everybody would just walk to their mailbox instead of backing up the car , they wouldn't be so fat.

Now you have robots that clean your floor instead of doing it yourself and everything to supposedly make your life easier.

I have a Rumba and I follow it everywhere so it doesn't get to some places and I still move with it. xD

The vacuum cleaner still does a better job though.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I think America is fat because we have the best food in the world.

I disagree. It tastes too greasy/sweet/salty/fattening and I end up having serious bowel issues after consumption of said good food.

America is fat because soda is cheaper than bottled water in most places.

Bottled water is bad for the environment.

I have a Rumba and I follow it everywhere so it doesn't get to some places and I still move with it. xD

I think I might buy one specifically for that purpose, it sounds fun.

Anyways, blaming the food is sort of the wrong idea. Close but no cigar. It's the lifestyle in general. What it is is the lifestyle. Americans are relying too much on their electronics. Sometimes I think that the U.S. would benefit from an EMP bomb.
jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

America is fat because of the high amount of low quality food we digest on a daily basis.

nogman57
nogman57
9 posts
Peasant

it is not the type of food. it's the amount of food.

That's right. It is also the fat quantity and preservatives in the food we eat. Many people won't eat for hours, then eat a huge meal. The body thinks it needs to store the food as fat because it doesn't know when its going to get food next.

If people would eat less, more often, and less fatty foods, we would be less fat. Exercise would also help.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Recently heard someone say that in America less people eat main meals together in family, but nosh stuff a lot in between, which on several points could contribute to a less healthy diet/more fat people.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

the question is not why USA is fat, uts why the entire western culture states are fat. Israel become fat, England become fat, france become fat. maybe in less amounts, but yet, you can see more and more fat kids on the streets.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Because most Americans..I'm not saying all, but most don't exercise and eat lots of fast food and stuff like that XD

apollo98
apollo98
5 posts
Nomad

let' see.... i think the following are some contributors to why america is fat
1.Fast food
2.Video games
3.The Internet
4.Lack of outdoor activity?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

today we had a few statistics in the news paper about where the most fat people are. by those usa has about 2,25 times more fat people then the number 2.

woman in usa 37% is fat, against 13% of the number 2. (to bad i forgot who number 2 was (some european country tho))

usa man 42%, against 26% of the number 2.

Baerholdt
Baerholdt
24 posts
Nomad

The world is fat and getting fatter. In fact Australia is right there with the USA, and many other developed nations are getting fatter everyday.

Why did I respond to an idiotic thread?

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

quite the steroypical subject is it not?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

quite the steroypical subject is it not?

Seeing as America is statistically #1 when it comes to obesity, it's at least safe to say that some stereotypes are based on facts.
Showing 121-135 of 170