ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386731
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

As in, who gives a flying bobstay that gays cannot procreate?

They CAN. GAY=/=INFERTILE. Not that it matters anyway, as we wouldn't prevent infertile heteros from marrying.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

They CAN. GAY=/=INFERTILE. Not that it matters anyway, as we wouldn't prevent infertile heteros from marrying.

Let me elaborate. Gays cannot procreate with EACH OTHER. Where did I state that they are infertile? Cannot procreate=/=infertile
Jeesh, you haven't read my previous posts in this place?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

you know i always found it funny. so many people say it in a way that makes me think they would be gay if it wasnt wrong

There's two possible explanations for this.

1) They're sheeple who just follow what other people tell them is right and wrong.
2) Latent homosexual tendencies.

They CAN. GAY=/=INFERTILE

I always wonder why people cite less people as being a bad thing about homosexuality. It isn't even necessarily true, it's a slippery slope fallacy about everyone "turning" gay (as if it was contagious...) and no one would force people to be homosexual anyways.

The world could do with less people too (no, I'm not suggesting we kill a lot of people, just that we don't need to have 3-4+ kids per family).
fersteger
fersteger
3 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality is right, that's the correct answer. Sorry for all the confusion.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

Before I start my rant, I would like to clarify that i'm not intending to offend anyone involved in this thread or anywhere else. I'm just giving my honest opinion and trying to maintain as much respect as possible. That being said...

I think homophobes and anti-same sex marriage advocates are ignorant and blatantly causing completely good and innocent people trouble and drama for a non-issue. How is being someone being gay and wanting to get married to someone they love hurting anybody at all? I've had this argument with people before, and they usually cite the bible as the reason it's wrong because it says in the bible that homosexuality is wrong, to paraphrase, which is true - the bible does say that. But the bible also has slaves in it. Why don't we still have slaves? Men had control over women in the bible. Why not now? After all, the bible was ok with it so it must be acceptable, right? With complete respect for everyone's opinions, I think people cling onto the bible to justify an unwarranted and unjustified fear and hatred of someone who's only crime is being different from them. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

But the bible also has slaves in it. Why don't we still have slaves?

Technically, that's part of the mosaic laws, which were only in effect until Jesus came (depending on the sect). But homosexuality remains as a sinful act in the New Testament, which many sects claim applies to now.
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I'm going to try to say this with respect to your religion. I'm not tryin to offend you or your religion. If you look at the bible, especially the new testament, from an objective (non-religious bias) point of view, the bible is a series of books written by different people at different times throughout numerous years, and thats the ORIGINAL bible. Not to mention that the bible as we know it today, all different versions of today's editions, all come from numerous edits of the bible by various powerful people throughout history to serve their own personal beliefs, even taking approximately 100 books out of the bible according to research i've done. A perfect example is the King James version, which is just the bible as King James saw fit. If a lawyer was trying to defend someone in a murder trial, and the only evidence the lawyer had to work with to prove his clients innocence was as tampered with and changed as the bible has been throughout time, do you think the lawyer would be able to use that evidence? No. Using that same logical and objective POV about homosexuality, how can you use evidence (the bible) when its been modified and changed so often?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm going to try to say this with respect to your religion. I'm not tryin to offend you or your religion.

Just so you know...Emp was just letting you know where each of those laws applied in respect to their placement in the Bible. I'm almost positive he is on the same side as all the other regulars here
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

You are right, I probably should've read it better. It's just a passionate topic for me. My apologies @EmperorPalpatine

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You didn't cross lines. Most of us here are pretty pro-same sex marriage.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Most of us here are pretty pro-same sex marriage.

It seems that the only ones against it are newbies...spare the occasional rare instance
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I think most people in general nowadays are pro-same sex marriage. It's just not a big deal anymore i think. And if i'm considered a newbie, I won't be for long :P

chuncster
chuncster
12 posts
Nomad

In my opinion, i feel homosexuality is just a natural part of life as heterosexuality. Ok, it doesn't hold the same importance in the survival of the species, however nor is smoking, drinking, playing on computers, etc.

Our lives are full of millions upon millions of choices every day, we can do this, that or the other etc. Homosexuality is not a choice however, you can't choose to be 'gay'. I would know, I have 2 homosexual uncles who are in happy relationships.

I have spoken to both of them about choice and they have both told me that most homosexuals don't have a choice, as they find men as attractive and heterosexuals find women attractive.

So in the short run, if you find homosexuality wrong, you are being slightly narrow minded due to the fact that it's all about the way our brains have been built, that and ONLY that leads to our preference as a mate (leading back to our primal minds of lusting over a mate to continue the species. You cannot choose what sexuality to have, and if you have a choice between gay and straight, well, i can't really think of a response to that. Love is love, lust is lust. If you see somebody - male or female - you do not have a choice whether or not to fall in love with said person. I find homosexuality perfectly fine and natural.

Chunc

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think most people in general nowadays are pro-same sex marriage. It's just not a big deal anymore i think. And if i'm considered a newbie, I won't be for long :P

You'd be surprised...stick around for a while and you will be shocked by how many Anti-homosexual people there are

And it takes a while to lose that status
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

Well I might be new to posting on these forums, but i've been coming to armor games for 5 - 6 years :P

Showing 1006-1020 of 1146