ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385969
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

he makes the right conclusion from the wrong reasoning.
atleast he got the conclusion right. =D

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

atleast he got the conclusion right. =D

Depends; if the conclusion is his conviction and the reasoning just an attempt to make sense of it, sure enough it's ok. If the reasoning is the only reason for his conclusion and he now has to make a new conclusion, let's hope it won't change much.
Bobthebest
Bobthebest
28 posts
Shepherd

Look, it is a choice. You have to find out if you feel that when, and CHOOSE whether or not to embrace that feeling. Many people CHOOSE to not come out. That is their choice not your's or mine.
I believe that homosexual marriage should be allowed in every state, it makes no sense how it hasn't been. Homosexuals are recognized but not given any rights. That is wrong, wrong, wrongity, WRONG!

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Look, it is a choice.

No, it's not. Did you choose to like girls or boys? I don't ever remember doing so.

and CHOOSE whether or not to embrace that feeling.

That's not a choice.

While I agree homosexual marriage should be allowed, how someone feels about something isn't a choice. Whether that be if they like doritos or anything else, you don't pick what you like.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Many people CHOOSE to not come out. That is their choice not your's or mine.

that they choose to not come out as a homosexual. does not mean that they are not homosexual.

they choose to not come out because homosexuals are shunned upon by a big part of todays society.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

they choose to not come out because homosexuals are shunned upon by a big part of todays society

They always have been. Even though many countries' laws recognize and support homosexuals, the society at large, at least a big part of it, considers it wrong. Calling someone gay is even used as an insult (why they are so mad at happy people, I have no idea )
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The mere fact that we're talking about "choice" of coming out or not shows how bad the case of homosexuals still is. Homosexuality is not a conscious behaviour; homosexuality is the attraction to the same gender. It can't be a choice. Acting like a heterosexual is not being heterosexual; you're still homosexual per definition. Many hide those feelings and lead a heterosexual's life. However I don't qualify this as a real choice as it is made under constraint and pressure. In a tolerant society homosexuals shouldn't even have to decide what to do with their feelings.

Bobthebest
Bobthebest
28 posts
Shepherd

In a tolerant society homosexuals shouldn't even have to decide what to do with their feelings.

We won't ever really have an entirely tolerant society.

Homosexuality is not a conscious behaviour; homosexuality is the attraction to the same gender.

It is a conscious behavior, at least at first, because you have to realize you feel that way. And choose whether or not to act homosexual, if there is indeed a different way they act.

Acting like a heterosexual is not being heterosexual; you're still homosexual per definition

This is called a seg-way. There are gays who act very...flamboyant in nature, and there are others who simply don't care and just be themselves. They're not particularly acting heterosexual, they're just being themselves. There really isn't a specific way to act if you are of either sexual orientation.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

And choose whether or not to act homosexual

Found the problem.

You don't "act" how you feel. You either do or don't.

Do you have a sexual attraction to people the same gender as you? Y/N.

If Y, you're a homosexual (or bisexual). If N, you're not. There is no action involved.

There really isn't a specific way to act if you are of either sexual orientation.

That's because how one acts has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. It's how you feel. Even if you don't ever do anything homosexual, you still ARE a homosexual if you feel an attraction to someone of the same gender.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It is a conscious behavior, at least at first, because you have to realize you feel that way.

There really isn't a specific way to act if you are of either sexual orientation.

Don't you think there might be a slight contradiction here?

Again from the beginning, homosexuality is the attraction to the other gender.. you don't consciously attract yourself to someone, don't you? This is what I mean by saying it's not a choice; you don't choose your sexual attraction.

Now what you mean are the conscious part of behaviour, the image you give of yourself etc. As you said yourself those are usually just character traits of individuals, not their actual sexual orientation.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

They always have been.

hmmmm... no, during the greek and roman times homosexuality was not shunned upon. the 1 earliest records on homosexuality between man was a religious praying practice.(some 1000 year ago) i dont recall right away what religion it was. but it is 1 of the bigger ones in history. it was a prayer to the goddess of love.
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Well who has the right to say if it's right or wrong for humanity? I think when there is more freedom for people to think freely. Like in the Roman days. No one can impose "right" or "wrong" as well and so people decide for themselves it's not wrong.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Well who has the right to say if it's right or wrong for humanity?

That is just so true. Why should any of you decide if it is right for someone to be homosexual? Why should we care if someone is homosexual or attracted to the other sex? Does it actually make a difference?

In many states gay marriage is illegal. Why? Those bonobos don't care. Why should we? Argh, humanity can be so moronic at times!
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

the thing that no person who says its wrong can answer one simple question: what makes something wrong?

they can only "explain" why homosexuality is wrong in a specific way yet they cant tell the definition of something that is wrong. thats their problem, their education and open minded way of thought are so limited they havnt learned what CHILDREN know. usually its the book they rely on to tell them what is wrong.

i personally am really proud that my 10 year old brother (who isnt the smartest boy in the world) understands something so many people cant. when i realised he accepts homosexuality i was shocked because nobody even talked to him about this subject before and i would have expected him to be homophobic since so many people use that word as an insult. people should really be ashamed of themselves that their judgement is worse then that of a child

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

So, for anyone interested, they're debating same sex marriage in the British House of Commons today - some choice quotes include "being equal doesn't mean treating everyone the same" and "it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve" (they actually busted out that stupid quote AND got it wrong).

Showing 1036-1050 of 1146