ForumsThe TavernHey Ladies~~

35 4812
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So I was pondering on a late dreary evening before an econs paper....the question of life. Just kidding, it's about the issue of gender in AG. So not that far off the mark either way. So yes....question, question. Why does there seem to be such a huge disparity between the number of each gender on AG? We seem to be a male dominated community, and if memory serves, it has mostly been like that even in the past. Zoph, Carlie, Jezz, Jeff, Alexis, Murasaki, I can more or less name out the more prominent ladies on the site itself. A quick glance of the Top Hundred List, or perhaps just a recollection from memory alone, I should get a real life, merely confirms the lopsided nature of this gender balance. So yes, why? Where have the girls gone, or been going? D:

• 35 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

girls will normally tend to get boyfriends\\hangin with friends.besides there are not alot of girls for them to talk to so they might get bored.a bunch of nerds arguing over random crap is not somthing most girls tend to like.if a girl tells her friends that she has been on a gaming site all night the others normally will reject that or not like it.don't ask why.girls try to fit in and with not alot of girls here they might also be a little lonely.just a few guesses though,

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

girls will normally tend to get boyfriends

So girls get boyfriends, but boys don't get girlfriends? That argument wont work since for every girl who gets a boyfriend, one boy will get a girlfriend, balancing the numbers.

a bunch of nerds arguing over random crap

As I just demonstrated.

Anyways, one reason could be that this is the forum of a flash gaming site, which tends to attract more male users than female.
Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

I have also noticed that there are much more boys than girls on this site but i do not know why. I personally love playing games and i'm a girl. There are girls on here, I know of some but it dose seem that the majority of people are male. maybe girls are just less active or less know or maybe they should put more games aimed at girls, but i'm not into dress ups or coking games and i know that most other girls aren't ether. so to sum up i don't know.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Main reason (in my opinion and recollection) tend to like playing games less than boys do... hence the male dominance at online gaming websites! I won't go as far to say that no ladies like gaming, the fact that there are plenty female gamers present here strenghtens this, but they aren't as high on it like males are! =)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I agree with MrDayCee,
Most of the games on this site are male-sentuated. Many users who have already created a profile, don't know about the community. So, if the community were a little better known, I'm pretty sure more people would join in.
Personally, it took me a week to find the community when I first joined.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

I think your right MrDayCee i love gaming but most of my friends are into different things, i mean girls and boys are very different, but i 'spoes it depends on your individual personalty.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I agree with the above. I am a girl, and I signed up to play one game. Once I beat it I was inactive for months. Then I came back on and found the community, and decided to play again. I still don't play as much as most boys do. None of my friends that are girls like online games.

I also think it is funny that almost everyone has always just assumed that I am a guy. Maybe it was because of my old armatar, but I don't know.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

More guys probably prefer gaming. And we have plenty of time to waste hours getting to a ranks (like Gold King) that actually has no value in the real world. That's what I plan to do.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i think because:

1. boys like playing games more.

2. there r more "boy" type games than "girl" type games

emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

there should be in between (tomboyish) games too cuz i cant play to violent games without puking lol

-=-=-=-=-emochick324-=-=-=-

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Pshaaw. Theres no girls on the interwebs. Just old men, and undercover FBI agents.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Pshaaw. Theres no girls on the interwebs. Just old men, and undercover FBI agents.

So, you're saying that girl yesterday night wasn't... OH GAWD NO! D:

the question of life

The answer is 42.

a bunch of nerds arguing over random crap

Not all of the interwebz consists of nerds and trolls, you know.

From what I've seen, AG has a larger number of female users active in forums and such than in other websites. And the female species (Just a joke, don't go all "ohh you insult me" on me) are usually among the higher ranking ones, too. Off the top of my head, Zophia or JefferysInspiration (I believe I wrote that correctly)

But, I guess there's a lack of girls because flash games are (mostly) boys' stuff. I stopped playing the games here a long time ago, but this site is for 13-16 year olds.
emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

XD im a female.whats an interweb?

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

XD im a female.whats an interweb?

Pics or it never happened.

The interwebz is slang for Internet. It's catchy, isn't it?
emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

ok then i use the interwebz

This is me:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee422/jinXtacos/epic.jpg

not!

i look like her a lot like her:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/pan%20gt%20movie/gohanandgotenluvr09/Dragonball_GT_Movie_-_Son-Goku_J-3.jpg?o=1

LOL but really tall

Showing 1-15 of 35