ForumsThe TavernHey Ladies~~

35 4811
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So I was pondering on a late dreary evening before an econs paper....the question of life. Just kidding, it's about the issue of gender in AG. So not that far off the mark either way. So yes....question, question. Why does there seem to be such a huge disparity between the number of each gender on AG? We seem to be a male dominated community, and if memory serves, it has mostly been like that even in the past. Zoph, Carlie, Jezz, Jeff, Alexis, Murasaki, I can more or less name out the more prominent ladies on the site itself. A quick glance of the Top Hundred List, or perhaps just a recollection from memory alone, I should get a real life, merely confirms the lopsided nature of this gender balance. So yes, why? Where have the girls gone, or been going? D:

• 35 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You know what 'girl' stands for, right? Guy In Real Life.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

a bunch of nerds arguing over random crap is not somthing most girls tend to like.

That being said, my neighbour, best friend and boyfriend all fit this description when they're together and you don't see me complaining
I see nothing but the benefits when I spend time with them, they make my life interesting. You guys on AG are interesting too!

I don't know about the other girls, but I only really talk to the boys here. I have no reason not to talk to the girls, I just don't seem to come across them..
Also because of my really long hiatus I am probably the least known girl now.
emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

guy in real life

wow ive heard COOL and JERK but not that...
lol i look like the bottom pic
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You guys on AG are interesting too!

Aw, shucks! A gurl thinks I'm speshul!
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Aw, shucks! A gurl thinks I'm speshul!

Smooth.

Anyway, it's not anyone has any other choices. Apparently the forums have been getting smaller, so I know, or have at least seen most people that are active in the community.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The reason for few females joining is likely due to it being Armor Games with a macho shield and sword emblem made from the essense of manliness. The other 'AG' (which shall not be named) even has a special game section for girl games.

emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

so many stupid games on the other AG,i mean kiss JB? Brittny spears wedding? good god im a chick but thats to gurly

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

if a girl tells her friends that she has been on a gaming site all night the others normally will reject that or not like it.

I don't think anybody's friends would consider all-night flash-gaming a "cool" thing to do regardless.
Honestly, I think that most flash games on the site are intended to be played by guys. For example, look at how well those dress-up games were rated...not very good lol
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Being a girl commenting in a thread about girls doesn't make you immune to the no off-topicness rule.

The girly games are pretty immature, they're rated low because whoever made them put absolutely zero effort into them since they only appeal to 8-11 year old girls.

emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

since they only appeal to 8-11 year old girls.

since im fourteen i agree,isnt this site for thirteen and up or something?
legoman228
legoman228
35 posts
Nomad

Yeah there are more boy games and all the girl games are like 5 year old unicorn stuff

emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

i mean i like gerald the reindeer,for a year, then i disliked him (boo you gerald) []

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Yeah there are more boy games and all the girl games are like 5 year old unicorn stuff

Just to toss something out there.. They're not 'boys games', most are just games. Non specific games. The 'girl games' are clearly made for the girly girls, but you can't say that all other games, including the musical, logical, and based-on-film games are 'boy games' only.
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Yea some of the "girls games" are like dress up games or makeup games....but some girls (that aren't girly girls) can play the other games that they say they're "boy games".

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

I hate girly games and who says that anything that isn't really girly has to be for boys, just because you don't dress some one up or put on makeup doesn't mean girls won't be into it especially teen girls i'm 14 and a girl and i defiantly think this is a site for older kids like 12 or older.

Showing 16-30 of 35