ForumsThe Tavern{Requested}April Fools

122 21180
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

*Dum da ba da da dum da ba da dum daaaa* (That was an exciting little tune to signal the return of AfterBurner0)

Well. Shall we discuss April fools day that's coming up? I'd like some ideas for new pranks to pull. Also if you have any hilarious stories about a prank you pulled on someone feel free to share it too!

So I guess I'll get things started. A good prank to pull would be the classic 'Put plastic wrap in a doorway' joke. And as for a funny story... One time, I put salt in my dad's ice cream and he made ME eat it. > ... And now this OP awkwardly comes to a close. So let the discussion commence.

• 122 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I was a little disappointed the AG crew didn't do anything to the site this year.

See how this community is lost without you? Thousands of adbots running around mucking up the place, a CAPTCHA that is utterly backfiring, and now there's no April Fools Day prank. Come back and end the anarchy!

But don't come back today, because everyone will just think it's an April Fools Day prank.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Did the mods do anything clever?

You mean the mods aren't clever all the time?

*innocence shattered*
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Actually the mods released a data-wiping virus on your computers. Those rascals.

Cheesehead_Man
Cheesehead_Man
19 posts
Nomad

I bet they're just going to give us something tomorrow, saying something like "Haha you thought we forgot about April Fool's." They'd probably have some joke behind it. It would make sense though.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Actually the mods released a data-wiping virus on your computers. Those rascals.

You have found us out! The entire operation is by our doing! Unleashing an entire horde of advertising bots to harass the community, damage community flow, and ruin the activities of you and the reputations of us! Ahahahaha! hahahaha...ahaha...oops...
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

You have found us out! The entire operation is by our doing! Unleashing an entire horde of advertising bots to harass the community, damage community flow, and ruin the activities of you and the reputations of us! Ahahahaha! hahahaha...ahaha...oops...

Im not in on this top secret plan but im pretty sure you werent supposed to tell us that...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Im not in on this top secret plan but im pretty sure you werent supposed to tell us that...

There's something called sarcasm.
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

APRIL FOOLS

Was that last year? Or before? Don't remember.

Anyways was there anything this year?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Says 2011.

And so far it doesn't look like they've done anything, so no.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Says 2011.

And so far it doesn't look like they've done anything, so no.

OF COURSE I didn't even think to read the date... And ha, seeing yourself from a year ago. Not that you really saw anything, but every time I look a year or more back I always see myself as different. Then It repeats as if I am constantly changing, hm.....

Anyways, I remember something somewhere that said Armor Games was developing the next Elder Scrolls Game. It was an April Fools joke from someone but I can't quite remember.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

And ha, seeing yourself from a year ago.

Shows me that I spend too much time here to get over 4k posts in a year.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Hey mods, April Fools is over now, you can stop the spamming. Mods? Mods?

Oh ****

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Wow...... I'm so ecstatic that my very own thread has gotten posted on by Freakenstein, dudeguy, Ernie, GhostOfMatrix and even cormyn himself! I feel so special. But anyway... I was at mah Bible study ftw. And it's looks like I didn't miss any AG April Fools jokes. There was no hilarious joke, but I didn't miss anything. I guess it's bitter-sweet. And I agree with Ernie, cormyn needs to come back and kick the site back into action.
-

P.S. I eternally and utterly despise spam bots with a burning passion of indescribable and limitless fury from the depths of my very soul. I curse the evil programmers of the bots for creating the vile and completely detestable bots. May the bots suffer in the lake of fire a thousand times over. May the programmers reap the seeds that they have sown which are the seeds of mortal destruction. My wrath, my anger, my rage, my hate for these bots knows no end. If I were a moderator or administrator, I would stop at nothing to see that these bots be eradicated from the site for all eternity. I would stay on AG 24/7 and I would fight on the front lines against these bots, I would fight them for the sake of the 2,000,000+ AG users, I would fight them for the sake of communal peace, happiness, and tranquility, I would fight them until their sorry microchips burst into flames and dissolved into the ashes from whence they came.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

amen brotha

Nice 10 out of 10 from me!!!!

Also, if I were a mod, I would delete both of your wimpy posts. Yes sir, if I were a mod... look out world. But I hafta wait 2 years. Even then, there's no guarantee. Oh well... we're gettin' off-topic. But seeing as how April Fools day is over, I vote that this thread be locked.
Showing 106-119 of 122