ForumsThe Tavern{Requested}April Fools

122 21181
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

*Dum da ba da da dum da ba da dum daaaa* (That was an exciting little tune to signal the return of AfterBurner0)

Well. Shall we discuss April fools day that's coming up? I'd like some ideas for new pranks to pull. Also if you have any hilarious stories about a prank you pulled on someone feel free to share it too!

So I guess I'll get things started. A good prank to pull would be the classic 'Put plastic wrap in a doorway' joke. And as for a funny story... One time, I put salt in my dad's ice cream and he made ME eat it. > ... And now this OP awkwardly comes to a close. So let the discussion commence.

• 122 Replies
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

You could superglue a chair to the floor.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

id rather put a chair-like baloon and make someone sit on it :3

i remember i once tricked my friend into thinking im moving to a different city (i was going on a short vacation so the date fit and i told him we are going to see an appartment). unfortunately, he told that to another person and that person told my teacher. when i got back to school i was welcomed by everybody and teacher said: "we know why you werent here for a few days. we will all miss you."

it took me a few minutes to understand what it was all about and then i realised what happened. luckily i didnt mention it again and everybody forgot about it.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I have never done these aprilfools jokes because I always wasn't sure if I would get in trouble or not so I never pulled any.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I've never pulled any pranks, but I've read 'The Joy of Work' by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, and there is a huge section about office pranks. I have tons of ideas.

TinyAnt
TinyAnt
70 posts
Nomad

I once got two bowls of cereal and put some toothpaste in it and gave it to my parents saying "I made you breakfast." I think they tried to pretend that they liked it because they didn't know i had put toothpaste in it, and when i told them my mom laughed awkwardly and set the bowl down, but my dad just shrugged and continued to eat it.

Another time i got toilet paper and wrapped it around my leg when my parents weren't home, put a big red blob on it using a red marker, and when they got back pretended that our dog had tried to bite my leg off. Good times, good times.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Here is an easy one:

Take a balloon, and tape it to a friend's car tire. When they reverse to get out of their driveway/garage they'll hear a pop, and think their tire went flat.

You could also put masking tape on a kitchen sink, where the sprayer is, and whenever somone turns the faucet on, they will get a whole lot of water all over them.
I know this an old prank, but it's effective.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Span a little plastic thing over your toilet so when someone does stuff on your wc it stays on the plastic.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Replacing the icing on Oreos with toothpaste is always funny.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I once got two bowls of cereal and put some toothpaste in it and gave it to my parents

Replacing the icing on Oreos with toothpaste is always funny.

Isn't toothpaste hazardous to your health if it's swallowed?

Take a balloon, and tape it to a friend's car tire. When they reverse to get out of their driveway/garage they'll hear a pop, and think their tire went flat.

THAT IS AWESOME! I'm totally gonna have to do that.

I have never done these aprilfools jokes because I always wasn't sure if I would get in trouble or not so I never pulled any.

C'mon bro, you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

You could superglue a chair to the floor.

Or put superglue right on the seat, so when someone sits on it... They don't go anywhere. Or you can glue it to the floor and put glue on the seat, and bam the person is stuck in one place for eternity.

Another time i got toilet paper and wrapped it around my leg when my parents weren't home, put a big red blob on it using a red marker, and when they got back pretended that our dog had tried to bite my leg off. Good times, good times.

Hahaha. Or, I could do that except at like 6 in morning before everyone is awake. Then once everyone is, I'll tell my parents that I just randomly woke up with it.
--
Anyone else got any good ones? (and by 'ones' I mean both pranks and stories.)
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Definitely the best April fools joke I ever did was when I set my sister's alarm clock to midnight and hid it under a mountain of junk that was in her room. Her reaction in the morning was hilarious. Another one I've never tried is sticking gum to your friend's chair.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Definitely the best April fools joke I ever did was when I set my sister's alarm clock to midnight and hid it under a mountain of junk that was in her room.

Hahahaha. Nice.

Another one I've never tried is sticking gum to your friend's chair.

Eh. Nah.
--
I'm thinking I might turn off the water heater while someone is in the shower. XD
gnosiphile
gnosiphile
58 posts
Nomad

At the University of Scranton, we used to &quotenny" people into their dorm rooms. Take two or three rolls of pennies, and hammer them between the door jamb and the door. Sometimes you have to double up and use two pennies, and once I needed three for part of an old door. But the idea is to put enough pressure on the door that the friction is difficult to overcome. Plus, when they do, penny shower! Works best in modern industrial style dorms with metal door jambs and heavy wood or metal doors. Obviously this is best to do to heavy sleepers and/or drinkers, plus you can use a rubber mallet to cut down a touch on the noise.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

well one thing to do is to get together a few friends who all know the same person(preferably someone who still lives at home) get all of them to call around the same time and say if one of his/her parents answers say something like "tell him/her that we'll be there in a few minutes just like he told us" or something like that. also if you look "evil operator prank call" you'll find a site where you can get two people to call each other and the phone will be ringing on both ends.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Last year, I changed the clocks on every "clock" which took me some time...then I woke everyone up and they were shocked to see that the time was bizzare...so then they got fooled...
Last year, even the newspaper fooled us, which suprised mme XD

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

The most popular but ANOYING aprill fools day joke is look there's ur mom >>>>>>> made u look uhhh okkk and I think this well never mind

Showing 1-15 of 122