ForumsThe Tavern{Requested}April Fools

122 21172
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

*Dum da ba da da dum da ba da dum daaaa* (That was an exciting little tune to signal the return of AfterBurner0)

Well. Shall we discuss April fools day that's coming up? I'd like some ideas for new pranks to pull. Also if you have any hilarious stories about a prank you pulled on someone feel free to share it too!

So I guess I'll get things started. A good prank to pull would be the classic 'Put plastic wrap in a doorway' joke. And as for a funny story... One time, I put salt in my dad's ice cream and he made ME eat it. > ... And now this OP awkwardly comes to a close. So let the discussion commence.

• 122 Replies
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

hahahahahahahahaha so yea now i guess its my turn.
Okay, a few years back i helped my mom pull a few at her old workplace...
1. We rapped all the computers in newspaper. completely.
2. We turned the volume up REALLY REALLY loud so when it turned on it went "BONG" really loud.
3. Put a sticky note on the bottom of the mouse.
4. We found this program that made one of those "error" mesages that went on forever, so it would say "ERROR-blah blah blah." and you would hit okay. then it would go "Why are you hitting "ok" cause its not ok, your computer is dieing" and so on.

More that i have seen.
1. When Google "Changed" there name.
2 NPR (National Public Radio) had this story about these people that were being called there twiter user names in real life, and it turned out to be an AF joke, that lasted A WHOLE 27 MINUTES ON NATIONAL RADIO!
3. Some of the AG pranks like the Bieber Games... (Shiver)

so ya... some of the ones you guys said are PRICELESS!!
what if all the spaming is an AG joke?....

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

My father-in-law fell for the Mad Cow virus of the '90's and he liked it so much he left it running the whole month of April before having his computer swept.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

what if all the spaming is an AG joke?....

No, I've searched many of the adbots' names on Google. They advertise on other sites under the same names, and they have the same profile names on the adbot "HQ".

It wouldn't be much of a prank, anyway. Just more work for the mods and the admins.
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I agree with Ernie

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

April Fools Day has begun, but it's midnight AG time. In a few hours, we will find out what AG's April Fools joke is this year.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

In a few hours, we will find out what AG's April Fools joke is this year.

If they even have one.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

If they even have one.

I'm sure they will have something planned for April Fools Day.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm sure they will have something planned for April Fools Day.

Last year we had an admin active in the forums and the mods were active in the forums making sure most people actually bought it. But if they have anything, I doubt it'd be as good as last years.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

But if they have anything, I doubt it'd be as good as last years.

I agree that there won't be an April Fools joke as good as last year's, but some people think the adbots are the April Fools joke, in which case the mods and admins would let us know.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

April Fools Day has begun, but it's midnight AG time. In a few hours, we will find out what AG's April Fools joke is this year.

I can't wait for something like "AG3 is finally released, join the site now!!!!" and then it takes you to some page with "APRIL FOOLS!" on it.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

that would be cool. so i guess everyone is sitting looking at this page and waiting. just a little warning: do you guys remember "Beiber Games" last year (shivering)? yea, that's what i thought. nothing as good as that can be done, nothing.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Whats AG time? if its west coast than its 5:00 AM there. do they not have one this year? what is happening?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Look by your post.

Posted Apr 1, '12 at 8:03am

8:03 AM is AG time.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

what happened to the AF joke? its 9:30 AG time