ForumsThe Tavern{Requested}April Fools

122 21170
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

*Dum da ba da da dum da ba da dum daaaa* (That was an exciting little tune to signal the return of AfterBurner0)

Well. Shall we discuss April fools day that's coming up? I'd like some ideas for new pranks to pull. Also if you have any hilarious stories about a prank you pulled on someone feel free to share it too!

So I guess I'll get things started. A good prank to pull would be the classic 'Put plastic wrap in a doorway' joke. And as for a funny story... One time, I put salt in my dad's ice cream and he made ME eat it. > ... And now this OP awkwardly comes to a close. So let the discussion commence.

• 122 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I highly doubt that it is, considering that it's been going on before April Fools day.

Armor Games can and has started April Fools jokes before April Fools day. For example, last's years April Fools joke included a moderator vote-off, which started before April Fools day.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

mav, the thing i was gona say was the picture, sorry to dp.

Yeah, I figured.

Armor Games can and has started April Fools jokes before April Fools day.

Its not much of a joke if A) if pisses off the users, B) it pisses off the Moderators, and C) it pisses off everyone in general. Besides, the credibility of AG as a buisiness organization would be ruined if they willingly gave their users links to site which are likely infested with spyware and virues in the name of a 'joke'.
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Wood chain!! heh heh. Anyway... Yeah, so we pretty much ruled it out as being a joke. And I wasn't around last year for these dreaded "Bieber games" I've been hearing about. Would someone care to explain to me what that was about?

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Yea sure thing! on april fools last year, the names were changed to "Beiber Zombie Survival" instead of "Zombie Survival" and the pictures were of bieber as well. you could "cure" your beiber fever and make it go away, just dont remember how. i didnt have account back then, because i was 12 o.O

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

You could cure it by clicking on a link that sent you to Rebbecca Black's Friday. Somebody said that they were cured of Beiber Fever by the Black Plague.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Google always has good april fools jokes... This year it's an "automated car" sponsored by google in the nascar races. And 8-bit Google Maps...

Surprisingly, thaboss hasn't done anything for April Fools yet...

Thaboss wishes that the staff did, but they're probably too bogged down with the bots and, as always, AG3...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Google always has good april fools jokes... This year it's an "automated car" sponsored by google in the nascar races

That car is real, they've been developing it for years.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Scroll down to the bottom.

It's to trick us into believing that they aren't making automated cars. First the Internet, now the car industry.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Scroll down to the bottom.

Oh, lol. The cars are real, the Nascar part isn't. I didn't hear about the Nascar joke.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

My friend asked what "Benzene" was on Facebook, so i copy and pasted the entire wikipedia page into the comments (it took about 20 comments). I guess that was a decent April Fools joke.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This is very disappointing. Some odd hours ago, the site was misbehaving, most likely due to maintenance. I just assumed they were engineering their April Fools prank, but that I suppose that wasn't the case.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I got home and my dad says I was playing on ur wii and it broke ...... April fools hahahahahaha

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

I was a little disappointed the AG crew didn't do anything to the site this year. Did the mods do anything clever?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss thinks that everyone was too bogged down with the evil adbots to have any fun.

Nice to see you though!

Showing 91-105 of 122