ForumsThe TavernHarry Potter Fans

30 3400
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I didn't really know if this should be in the Tavern or Popular Media so I put it here.

Have any of you heard/played on the website pottermore. It is actually a lot of fun. You get sorted into a house and you gain points for your house. It really makes you part of the Harry Potter universe.

If you have not tried it I suggest that you do. Also you can write what you like and don't like about it.

• 30 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

People have lots of issues with this though. The dueling people only use one spell because all the other ones are weaker. The potions I have followed the instructions before and it has said that I did something wrong.

I think i mailed you about this last night. It's not that the spells are "weaker" as such. When you choose a spell, you duel against someone who has opted the same spell. There's no "I'll use this spell" and someone uses a different spell against it. Also, it's not real time, which has positives and negatives.

I don't know what they will add. There is only 1 link at the top that is still locked. Yes you will be able to explore the books more but after you find the stuff there is nothing to do. Hopefully they add quidditch. I think that would be fun. That way you could work with your house to win.

I think it will be quidditch because in diagon alley, the quidditch supply shop is there but locked. Also madam malkins shop is locked which makes me thing that'll open for quidditch and dress robes. Yet again though, i don't think it'll be "all that" as once more will not be real time, so how they'll do it is beyond me, but might be a case of more keyboard typing and mouse clicks.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Oh, well Daleks has just informed me that you can play against other spells - but this hasn't happened for me *yet* always seems to be same spell against same spell. Strange. Maybe a site glitch ;o

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well I used to be way into HP but then Persey Jackson and now this lol this isn't a book well I'm reading all sorts of books and going to start reading the hunger games

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I am a bigger fan of Harry Potter and his Films............I like to watch his films most and All his films are mine all time favorite Movies.....I have watched his film Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2 last year and This is an amazing movie..All the characters are too amazing and good........I have also read out harry Potter comics...

Are posting just so you can advertise?
You've been reported.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I do like Harry Potter and the idea of having an RPG game where you attend to the academy and get placed into a house sounds like real fun! But I would love to see such an RPG being made for "Larry Snotter" instead! WAY more fun! LOL =)

http://simpsonswiki.net/w/images/thumb/d/d6/Larry_Snotter_and_the_School_for_Monsters.png/250px-Larry_Snotter_and_the_School_for_Monsters.png

Some quick question though... is there an actual Potter in it as well? Do you get to go to the wand shop and have a wand pick you? Are there evil characters involved? And... Is there a Quidditch tournament held every month? =)

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

is there an actual Potter in it as well? Do you get to go to the wand shop and have a wand pick you? Are there evil characters involved? And... Is there a Quidditch tournament held every month? =)

Well, it is still in the beta stage, even though it has been out for awhile.

Yes, the wand chooses you. You answer questions and then you get your wand based on your answers.

You don't fight any evil characters if that is what you mean. The main part of the game is like a point and click adventure.

Sadly, not Quidditch yet. Only the first book is out. There will be Quitdditch though, don't know how it is going to work.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

It sounds like real fun! Being able to roam the world of Harry Potter as a wizard aprentice is a really smart move they made! It could become really huge over time as there are literally millions of Potter fans allover the world!

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I visited the site because of this forum, and I think you guys are way overating it. Not tht I dont like everything about Harry Potter (i even capitilized his name), but I just didnt like the site is all.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I visited the site because of this forum, and I think you guys are way overating it. Not tht I dont like everything about Harry Potter (i even capitilized his name), but I just didnt like the site is all.

To be honest, like I have said it is not all that great right now. I can see why you don't like it. It is fun for a bit but gets boring pretty quickly. I am hoping that when they finish it or open up more chapters it will be better and have more replay value.
May the odds be ever in your favor!

Good book, There was a thread on it. It pretty much died out.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Same boat - i haven't logged back on since my last comment here.
It got boring, very fast.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i am a huge potter fan but i think an internet site that needs many years to make chapters out every book is lame because the question is: what could you do after you compleated the last book? sure, it sounds interesting but if there is nothing else than the books then i wont play it. i know the books so i would know what would happen even if i am in hufflepuff.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

anyone here been to the harry potter land thing in orlando studios i haven't i want to but i probably never will

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

anyone here been to the harry potter land thing in orlando studios i haven't i want to but i probably never will

Well if you look on the first page you can tell that master565, me, and Schmiddy1234 have been there. It is a lot of fun. The Butterbeer is great. I love it, but you might be like master and not. All the rides are good and it is just fun.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

the girl in my class i like likes harry potter

ima_frikn_emo_vegan
ima_frikn_emo_vegan
9 posts
Nomad

i used to love harry potter when i was younger...but i've kinda grown out of it now i guess. but here's a story i find funny hope you do too: My older sister (now 17 with a 2month old daughter who is the best thing in my life) cryed and kicked and screamed in the middle of the mall when she realized she hadn't gotten her Hogwarts letter on the day she was suposed to when she was 11. she then insisted my mother take her to the post office to see if they had sent it the "Muggle way" her beleif GMH.

Showing 16-30 of 30