ForumsThe TavernIs lying OK?

49 6925
TomasTock
TomasTock
25 posts
Peasant

Is lying OK in some situations? If so when? why/ why not? How much lying does it take to make someone a liar?

• 49 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Sometimes lying is necessary in order to not harm another person

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the double post, I accidentally clicked on the submit button, (it was an epic fail.) anyways...

Lying, in it's own, is bad. I believe we as humans have a moral responsibility to tell others the truth, unless it is going to seriously traumatize the other person. Also, it's NOT A LIE if you're with-holding information. Let me set a scenario. I learn that my best friend is cheating on his girlfriend. Now, while they're together, I would act if nothing is going on, to protect both of them. If they break up, then after the dust has settled I would tell her.
The one exemption in this is government organizations. They should tell the truth 100% of the time. It is irresponsible for them not to.
If you want to know more about what I think, because it's pretty hard to explain online, contact me.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It can benefit you in a good way.

It could also hurt someone else, like if they take the blame for something you did.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

lieng is to twist the truth, and with that you can get anything. you can kill a man, or save his life. it come in alot of scales, sometime invisible, sometime Exposed.
this is all of it.
every stuiped can the tell the truth, but to tell a lie you have to be smart. {for a good lie at least}.
i know, they say its wrong, but i got to say: it soft the truth. whenever you say to yourself "one day i will do it", you mostly lie to yourself. when you tell to your mother "they didnt Expelled me, i left by myself" you soft the reality, when you say "its not you, its me" you do it again.

lie is everything and nothing. its almost the compeletly Zen.

Showing 46-49 of 49