ForumsThe TavernPirates or Ninjas

47 7538
MasterMor
MasterMor
40 posts
Shepherd

Which do you like better and why?

I personally like ninjas better because you never see a pirate assassinating someone or hitting every shurikan they throw perfectly without getting hit even once

• 47 Replies
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Pirates have ships and you can't get unnoticed onto a sailing ship. Also pirates have guns so I think pirates.

0ShimZ0
0ShimZ0
116 posts
Nomad

Ninja's are better than pirates, better yet predators (from the movie)
are awesome, think about it, ninja's don't have predators hunting/killing/technology/cool weapons.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I like pirates cuz they act how they want, when they want. i forgot to mention that they also do whatever they want.

Bring on the rum, mate, gonna drink my way to davy jones locker tonight!

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Ninjas, because you don't know what hit you until it's to late. And ninja stars, katanas and eskrima sticks are cool too. I'm pretty sure those are all ninja weapons. Or samurai. Oh well, close enough.

And besides, there is no such thing as automatic doors, just gentleman ninjas

ViceGhost
ViceGhost
30 posts
Nomad

Pirates look like they have more fun. They live to have fun instead of going out of their way to skulk around. I'd rather be a pirate.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

NINJAAAAAAAAGO!
Ninja's. Fo sho.

I like ninjas because I really like the idea of stealth and such, it's really cool. Moving silently, doing random flips and crap in the middle of walking. Asian-ness. Lol.

Well, Parkour is doing flips and stuff too, but Ninjas are just... ninjas.
"DUDE THAT WAS SO NINJA"
Awww yeah.
"DUDE THAT WAS SO PIRATE"
Cops show up the next day.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Pirates look like they have more fun. They live to have fun instead of going out of their way to skulk around

It depends on your idea of having fun. If ninjas enjoy lurking in the shadows, they have quite a bit of fun doing what they do.

It'll catch on. Just you wait and see.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

That's wrong. It should be "ARR, SHIVER ME TIMBERS!"

Pirates are brutal thiefs while ninjas are trained, sneaky, cowardly master murderers.
I have to say, brutal or not, I prefer 'gentlemen' to assassins.

Also, I guess we're talking about the carribean pirates right? If we can extend the term, I would most definitely really like to be a vikingr, a scandinavian pirate. They have mead, they have beautiful longships, and they have swords and stuff!
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Also, I guess we're talking about the carribean pirates right?

Well because that is almost the classic picture of a pirate I would say yes, that's how I'm going to define it.

Pirates are brutal thiefs while ninjas are trained, sneaky, cowardly master murderers. I have to say, brutal or not, I prefer 'gentlemen' to assassins.

Well ninja's probably have an excellent survival rate compared to pirates, for one because once the ship goes down they all die, wheras ninja's usually do their 'missions' solo.

Although now with guns and all that ninjas do lose their flavor a bit as ninja weapons and backflips don't do much against a gun.

Also, I just think ninjas are just a little more subdued than pirates, maybe because of the absence of rum.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

If ninjas enjoy lurking in the shadows, they have quite a bit of fun doing what they do.

Voyeur.

Now, how about them modern day Somali morons? They have a lot of fun!

But my choice goes to the Pinjas.

http://www.pinfluence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Pinja.jpg
TomasTock
TomasTock
25 posts
Peasant

Ninjas are on the correct side of the law. Pirates are thiefs. On the other hand of course, ninjas are not trained for actual combat, and pirates have cannon.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ninjas are on the correct side of the law.

Assassination is never legal...

ninjas are not trained for actual combat

They were recruited for many purposes, including being a spy (kanchÅ), scout (teisatsu), surprise attacker (kishu), and agitator (konran). So yes, they were definitely trained for combat...
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Ninja is stronger and sneakier

Soonsaymine
Soonsaymine
51 posts
Nomad

Pirates are thiefs. On the other hand of course, ninjas are not trained for actual combat, and pirates have cannon.

Pirates CAN be theives, and pirates only had cannons when they were invented. you didn't see pirates on the coast of ethiopia in 200 B.C (I am streetching this example a bit) using cannons. A pirate is someone who rebels against the law like a rebel. Pirates are more known for stealing. A ninja is just like a bounty hunter pay 'em and they're yours for however long you need them.

Ninja is stronger and sneakier

Not all of them needed to be strong. Just sneaky, and agial(quick just incase I spelling it wrong) I can stab someone 5 times and they'd die. Just so they can get to the person is good enough because anyone is capable of stabing someone to death.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

NINJA!!!!

because ninja's can sneak around and kill instantly

Showing 1-15 of 47