ForumsThe TavernWhat do you listen to while gaming?

63 10155
ArtIsAfarce
ArtIsAfarce
3 posts
Nomad

i always turn off the music and listen to archived episodes of Coast to Coast Am.

• 63 Replies
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Depends what game I'm playing.
If I am playing a FPS I won't listen to music as I need to hear the sound from the game.

If it's just casual games such as Flash Games on AG I just listen to whatever I feel like/whatever is on iTunes. I listen to everything as long as I don't like it. (E.g. I do not enjoy "screamo".)

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

If the music is good on the game then i stick to that, but if not i mostly stick on some P!nk. But of course it depends on the game i'm playing and what kind of atmosphere it needs. So sometimes its XTC, Katy Perry or anything else that fits the game.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Just like Blkasp, I don't listen to songs when playing FPS games, especially Battlefield 3.

Flash games, I would probably listen to EarlyRise, Panic! At The Disco or Gotye.

Seriously, Gotye's songs are good too.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I'm old school so I usually listen to Rock music with some blues and jazz mixed in. It depends on the game I'm playing.

Ted Nugent fits the bill when it's a shooter.
Frank Zappa, Deep Purple, Heart and Jethro Tull when I'm playing a retro game.
Satriani, Santana, Clapton, or Van Halen when I'm checking out a new game.
Then, I might switch to Country or Country Rock music when I'm playing a TD like, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Little Feat, Allman Brothers or Molly Hatchet.

I'm not opposed to newer music I just let my son listen first and he'll make suggestions of what I might like to try. When I'm in the gaming mood though I go with what I know does or doesn't have lyrics.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Pop. I really don't know why, but I like to slay monsters with Katy Perry in my ear.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'm a fan of always trying to keep the music from the game on! A lot of games have killer music with them, which makes the experience all the more great! Plus... a lot of games have either a mute button for all sound or none at all, so listening to music on my stereo distracts too much then!

dim_the_geek
dim_the_geek
32 posts
Chancellor

indie and hip hop...helps me find my tempo and i'm playing better. but when a game has very good music and not just annoying sounds i'm listening to the game's music for a while

dim_the_geek
dim_the_geek
32 posts
Chancellor

Pop. I really don't know why, but I like to slay monsters with Katy Perry in my ear.

i burst out laughing...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I'm a fan of always trying to keep the music from the game on! A lot of games have killer music with them, which makes the experience all the more great! Plus... a lot of games have either a mute button for all sound or none at all, so listening to music on my stereo distracts too much then!

same. i usually keep the music of the game and only if its really horibble i mute and put nothing instead. my music taste is really gentle and it doesnt suit most flash games
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

And nicho... I think you have the impression to defend her from the monsters maybe? I can imagine why, allthough she might say thanx and walk away seeing as we're talking about Katy here...

Ooh! I just remembered some music I was listening to when I joined AG! =D

I was playing 'The Last Stand' back then and that had no music, but great s-fx sounds. So I played three songs over and over as background music while shooting those zombies! They were "Monster" by "The Automatics", "Is There a Ghost" by "Band of Horses" and "On the Campaign Trail" by "The Automatics". Great songs with a fitting vibe for me back then! =)
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Usually just in game sounds. If it's online multiplayer, usually just the sound of me pressing buttons and cursing.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Usually, I listen to sad heavy metal, alternative metal and hard rock while playing any game. Actually, I -always- only listen to sad sad songs. No exceptions.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Mostly late 60's rock. I listen to Judy in Disguise at least a couple times every day, and Windy almost as much. Obviously I don't get ever tired of songs.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Just whatever comes up on my iPod.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Sabaton, Nightwish, BFMV and the random songs I like.

Showing 1-15 of 63