ForumsThe TavernWhat do you listen to while gaming?

63 10154
ArtIsAfarce
ArtIsAfarce
3 posts
Nomad

i always turn off the music and listen to archived episodes of Coast to Coast Am.

• 63 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

My music player only works on shuffle, but it's a "smart shuffle", so when one song ends, it will generally go to another song that is in some way related to that song.

My song selection is pretty eclectic, so it tends to go by era rather than by genre. If the first song I decide to play is a 70s song, it will usually start a chain reaction of 70s songs that will continue indefinitely, depending on when it switches to a song of a different era (usually one from the 80s). Then the chain reaction starts all over again.

It doesn't repeat songs, so it's always a nice variety even if the same songs play every day.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Only the most epic background music, so anything by Ennio Morricone or Hans Zimmer.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Usually, I either hear whatever comes up in my Ipod (usuallyy all the lates hip-hop and pop) or just listen to the in-game music.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

When I'm playing games, I usually don't listen to the game sound. I listen to dubstep mostly Skrillex, they're the best.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I listen to Miracle of Sound. They make songs from games. I usually don't like these songs but they are sooooo good.

wolfd95
wolfd95
22 posts
Nomad

Well I too also listen music instead of the music provided by the game itself. But if I would have to choose one song to listen to it would have to be Scary monsters nice sprities by Skrillex or Some sort of DubStep to listen to while Slaying evil Zombies.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

ohh well noramally i listen to the game music but now i have been using the ipad and turning off the music and listening to my favorite artists

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I usually have the sound muted. So I am not listening to anything. But sometimes I listen to the music in the game or something on YouTube.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I listen to The East India Theme on youtube. It's fun when it gets going.

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

Linkin Park.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Usually, I'll listen to the game's soundtrack if it's on a console. But, if I'm playing flash games on AG, I'll just que up a bunch of random music that I like.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

if it's a flash game, I tend to listen to the in-game music already there, but if it's a game on the console, I tend to listen to metal bands like iron maiden, and mastodon.

-Blade

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

I don't usually listen to music whilst gaming,(not on AG, I never listen to music rely unless it's on the AG games) but when I do, I listen tO heavy metal

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Normally I listen to a mix of Linkin Park and Foster the People. But really it depends on the game.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

2 steps from hell, try it. It is like Hans Zimmer music.
Also Sabaton a metal band which is great.
And at last I listen to my name, leave the x.

Showing 16-30 of 63