ForumsThe TavernDreams:Do They Mean Something?

32 4777
emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

Like last night, I had a dream, and it really creeped me out.It was about My house exploding,and my ashes falling like snow,but all it happened because of a game I played.
What would that mean? I dodnt tell anyone, but it really really really creeped me out. This seemed of the best place to post this, but what do you think dreams mean? what is the worst dream you had?

• 32 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Well, I can tell you they mean absolutely nothing to the person you're reiterating them to.

ima_frikn_emo_vegan
ima_frikn_emo_vegan
9 posts
Nomad

i dont know about your dream...but mine usually are either horror movie material or something that eventually happens...lol in your case i hope it doesn't come true! i think dreams are kindof metaphorical though...maybe you should expect a blow-up between friends or something...

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Maybe this website will be of interest to you.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I can tell you they mean absolutely nothing to the person you're reiterating them to.

I agree. Thus I never relay my dreams to anyone nowadays. They cannot appreciate how I felt when I experienced it. They can't even feel what I felt. It is physically and emotionally impossible. Unless they're your clone...
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Ooops, I submitted too soon.
And as for your dream, emochick, I don't think it means anything. I've had all kinds of really strange dreams. Nothing ever happened to me. A word of caution. Sometimes dreams do mean something. Now, being able to distinguish between the mean-nothings and the mean-somethings well...

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I had a dream once in like third grade about going to the zoo and all the big cats (lions, leopards, etc.) started walking around like people, and eating the visitors. Then a year later, I read a book where someone traveled to a world where the dominant species was cats like this, and humans were their slaves. So in a way, it was a premonition Not really, but whatever.

I agree that some dreams mean something. Being stressed out is a big cause for certein types of dreams, (I read that somewhere) bur other dreams are meaningless. Eating cheese before sleeping can give you wierd dreams.

I also read somewhere that you have a lot more dreams than you remember, so why do we remember some, and not others?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Has anyone else noticed that when you wake up say at 8am, and snooze until 8:30am, you seem to have stranger dreams then?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Has anyone else noticed that when you wake up say at 8am, and snooze until 8:30am, you seem to have stranger dreams then?

Oh certainly. The most interesting dreams happen when you're not quite awake because sometimes it seems like you are. They seem more relevant to reality.

I also read somewhere that you have a lot more dreams than you remember, so why do we remember some, and not others?

It really depends on the subject and your emotional responses. If you personally fought an assassin with hand-to-hand combat in a dream, you're more likely to remember the intensity and desperation of that situation than a mundane dream of going to school and being bored. I don't like to know whether or not I'm dreaming because I can reflect and learn something about myself like how I'd really react if something similar actually happens.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

We get these threads so often, yet they never survive longer than a month. I wonder why that is.

I don't know about stranger dreams, but probably "stronger" dreams. That happens by being so tired your brain turns off as soon as you sleep longer than 5 seconds and the brain is like "NO, you will lay there until I say so!" It also happens if you take breaks in between your schedule, like two hours of being awake and two hours of sleep on and off. I had to do this a few times for it to actually work. I think in the end it just depends on how out of it you are at the end of the day.

You wanna talk about strange dreams? I'll tell you strange dreams.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

well, dreams show you a mix of everything that you saw, heard and experienced that day.

KalisWomb
KalisWomb
5 posts
Nomad

hmmmm... when you woke up and you can't move at all for a while but you can feel all around you? do anyone had that experience...?? or when you wonder at 3am and you are walking between reality and the subconcious? haha.. so funny when that happens... crazy dreams, i have a lot, all the time... last night i died falling down a pit and the rest of the dream was me just standing there watching my body doing nothing.. xdd

emochick324
emochick324
3,042 posts
Nomad

Maybe this website will be of interest to you

yeah no good, nothing at all.

I don't know about stranger dreams, but probably "stronger" dreams. That happens by being so tired your brain turns off as soon as you sleep longer than 5 seconds and the brain is like "NO, you will lay there until I say so!" It also happens if you take breaks in between your schedule, like two hours of being awake and two hours of sleep on and off. I had to do this a few times for it to actually work. I think in the end it just depends on how out of it you are at the end of the day.
You wanna talk about strange dreams? I'll tell you strange dreams.

hmmm interesting...

well, dreams show you a mix of everything that you saw, heard and experienced that day.

I did burn myself, so somewhat insteresting!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

A bit off topic, but lucid dreaming is a technique to control your dreams and be aware that you're dreaming

I sorta hate that because god-mode is far too easy and it gets quite boring knowing none of it's real because there's no emotion left in it.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

The theory I've seen that makes the most sense is that, since dreams are the result of an overactive subconcious, you can affectively be represented as every object within your dream.

So for you, that means that you're the house, and the ashes, and the fire, and the viewer. Only you can determine what this all means though, because I doubt most people on here will know enough about your personal life to pass judgement on what the dream means.

TomasTock
TomasTock
25 posts
Peasant

I believe your dream means you will be faulted for something you did that you did not realize would have such great consequences. I do believe that some dreams are your subconscious telling you stuff, but not all.

Showing 1-15 of 32