ForumsThe TavernIf you could completely start over, would you?

37 5479
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If you had the opportunity to completely restart life, would you? You can slightly tweak the scenario if you want, but basically you are given the opportunity to start over as an infant. You can choose whether you start back when you were born or in the present. You can choose if retain your personality or get a new one, and you can even choose where and who you're born to.
Just kind of interested in hearing some responses :P

• 37 Replies
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

That um... sound like some sort of religion of some kind. Did you get this from a manga cause I've been reading a few things like that.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to start over. I have a good family, I ask for a loaf of bread and I get two bread buns (metaphor), I've had bad days but I have also had good days. Even if my whole life was about to end in a horrible way I still wouldn't start over. I'm happy just the way I am.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Could I try it a few different ways? Because that sounds fun and intresting. I'd get a chance to experience so many things. Heres a couple of my ideas

1. Being born in D.R
2. Having life start the same way I have it now. But I'd do a lot more of what I regret I didn't do.

This is of course if I could switch back at anytime, and restart a new one. If not, then I would probably only take this opprotunity while I'm really depressed, and possibly about to do something suicidal.

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
811 posts
Nomad

If I were to start over....

1. Be born in Sweden or something.
2. Have a Swedish Accent
3. Swedish Meatballs

This list made no sense...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i would, but only after i lose any kind of hope to be happy in this life. if id do it id never know what i could have missed

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Man that's a tough one. Do I restart with all of the knowledge that I have right now, or is it more like every now and then I'd get a flashback of a memory from my present self, or do I start over as a reincarnation in present times? I'd consider it if it were any of those.

Blabidy
Blabidy
12 posts
Nomad

The only thing I would want to change is my introverted ways and being bilingual or at least good with learning a language. I can't seem to grasp languages.. So that would be nice.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

If I could start over and still reatin all the knowledge that I already have, than I probably would. But then again, going through school AGAIN, i think one time is enough.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

I am now adding this to my list of unanswerable questions.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

There are always going to be moments when you think: 'If only I was there again I would do this' but if I went back and restarted life again I would enjoy the first few years as an infant, marvel at the little homework I would get a primary (elementary) school but then I would have to live with these bloody exams that are coming up again and then two years of more even harder ones that I wouldn't want to do once let alone twice. There are also many moments that happen just right and if you repeated you're life again, they might not happen a second time.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Yes, yes I would xP

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

No. I would not want to restart my life. If I was a little less lazy that would be better but overall I really like my life. Yes there are things I would change but not enough to start over.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I would like to do it whenever I am about to die if i still retain my knowledge, also will this turn back time, or wil I just be another person? I would like to be reborn into a family similar to the one I have now since I'm doing pretty well as it is.

daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

i would but with all my memories still the same as they are now and i would like to start off as a three year old not a baby because i do not want to see my mom's boobs

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Wait I was thinking yes but now I see no but if I could start over with what I have now like then when I'm six I could completely own the other team ( soccer ) but that's not what your talking about so no

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well i would want to know what it is like, but still be able to go back to my old life.

Want to start from when i was born.
I would be a son to hayao miyazaki only to be a full japanese. (part japanese right now). then i would change my personality to be a little more social and out-going. and i want to be born in Japan, so it's my first language. :P

Other than those things i like who i am.

Showing 1-15 of 37