ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 99714
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

OKC!!!!!!

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I don't think Kobe is even close to retiring. Even though he is getting old and the Lakers aren't doin as well as they used to, I think once Kobe's scoring goes down drastically he will retire, not just his shooting percentage. Or when the Lakers don't make the playoffs will be the year he leaves. But I think he has more than 2 more good years left in him.

i have a feeling that might happen this season

Even if they get someone good in the draft, nobody can fill the void Rose leaves when he gets injured

he like micheal jordan
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

i have a feeling that might happen this season

I guarantee it won't happen this year. Hes not going to go from 27 points per game to the level of play that would enable him to retire. And if u mean the Lakers not making the playoffs, think again. Bynum is playing extremely well, Sessions is still getting used to being in LA and will be great soon. And their role players like Barnes and Hill and Steve Blake are better than a lot of teams starters. Also Pau Gasol is still playing pretty well and Kobe is still Kobe.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I guarantee it won't happen this year. Hes not going to go from 27 points per game to the level of play that would enable him to retire.

I give him 2 or 3 more years, if the Lakers don't make a good draft or trade by then they probably won't be doing good in their season.

And their role players like Barnes and Hill and Steve Blake are better than a lot of teams starters.

Steve Blake isn't that good. He's getting to the age of retirement too so he's game should drop a bit. Barnes would be a good defender if only he didn't commit so many fouls! I agree with Hill though.

Also Pau Gasol is still playing

Yeah him and Bynum did great working together in the playoffs.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

I give him 2 or 3 more years, if the Lakers don't make a good draft or trade by then they probably won't be doing good in their season.

I give 2 or 3 more years of quality basketball then he will start to decline, then retire, so I give him 4-5 years til he retires
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I guarantee it won't happen this year. Hes not going to go from 27 points per game to the level of play that would enable him to retire. And if u mean the Lakers not making the playoffs, think again. Bynum is playing extremely well, Sessions is still getting used to being in LA and will be great soon. And their role players like Barnes and Hill and Steve Blake are better than a lot of teams starters. Also Pau Gasol is still playing pretty well and Kobe is still Kobe.

well don't you think they can get a better man in the draft

Steve Blake isn't that good. He's getting to the age of retirement too so he's game should drop a bit. Barnes would be a good defender if only he didn't commit so many fouls! I agree with Hill though.

i agree
i don't think they are that good starters though

Yeah him and Bynum did great working together in the playoffs.

one of them will take kobe's spot as MVP soon

I give 2 or 3 more years of quality basketball then he will start to decline, then retire, so I give him 4-5 years til he retires

well i think his last year will when his contact ends

but cmon
its not like other players didn't retire when they were good
like micheal jordan
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

better than Kobe??? I dont think so

one of them will take kobe's spot as MVP soon

it would definitely be Bynum if either of them because Gasol's numbers are also starting to decline and Bynum has a lot of good years ahead of him. His game is still developing
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

They should try to get a good man to go off the bench and make the bench better.
it would definitely be Bynum if either of them because Gasol's numbers are also starting to decline and Bynum has a lot of good years ahead of him. His game is still developing

And Sessions I think will help Bynum as well.
I agree. Westbrook is amazing. But he is an amazing scorer, not an amazing PG, I think if the Thunder draft a good PG they can move Westbrook to SG and that would be good for him because he plays more like SG as it is. And he already is a ball hog, no disrespect but he is.

Then maybe they could put in Derek Fisher at point. Fisher might be old but he's a smart player and can do things all around.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

They should try to get a good man to go off the bench and make the bench better.

Big men are not the Lakers problem. They need to draft a better small forward then Metta World Peace and if they want to make the bench better they should draft a better PG to back up Sessions cuz like we said, he's getting old and before he retires they can give a new guy some time to develop behind him so he's ready when his time comes. Speaking of the draft does anyone know when the Lakers pick?

Then maybe they could put in Derek Fisher at point. Fisher might be old but he's a smart player and can do things all around.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say. Fisher is an experienced starting PG. sure he won't put up Westbrook's scoring numbers but with a PG like Fisher on the court with him, I think Westbrook's numbers will go up cuz fishers good at setting up shooters
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

cuz like we said, he's getting old

I'm talking about Steve Blake there
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I'm talking about Steve Blake there

As young as he looks, he's 32. That's pretty old.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Really?? He's only 32?? I thought he was closer to 40. Whatever though I still think they should get someone to play behind him

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

not better than the old kobe
but maybe the new kobe
but they would probably need a better draft position than this to get someone

that would help the team

Then maybe they could put in Derek Fisher at point. Fisher might be old but he's a smart player and can do things all around

fishers a free agent now

They need to draft a better small forward then Metta World Peace

that shouldn't be hard

Speaking of the draft does anyone know when the Lakers pick?

i think its 27th or 26th

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say. Fisher is an experienced starting PG. sure he won't put up Westbrook's scoring numbers but with a PG like Fisher on the court with him, I think Westbrook's numbers will go up cuz fishers good at setting up shooters

he seems to be a better ball handler than westbrook

As young as he looks, he's 32. That's pretty old

32 is about retiring for any sports player (not MBL)
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

think its 27th or 26th

i was tottaly wrong
their first pick is at 60 pick
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

He's only 32?? I thought he was closer to 40.

Most players retire at age 36. Instead of Blake's game going up it's going to go down.

Whatever though I still think they should get someone to play behind him

Yup. They need more scorers and clutch players. They always depend on Kobe for clutches which makes it easier for a team to defend.
Showing 136-150 of 456