ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100247
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Tell me what did Harden, Westbrook, Perkins, Fisher, and Ibaka did to the Spurs. Oh yeah nothing. Don't get me wrong Westbrook is a great player, but the Spurs defense completely scared Westbrook causing him to do no harm in game 1.

thats true the spurs do have a strong defense
but u no OKC just had a bad game 1
but im hoping that they will wake uo and win

Oh wow, Ginobili stomped on OKC in game 1.

lucky shot

One more question, where were you last year when OKC was knocked out of the playoffs by the Lakers?

being quie not trying to talk about basketball
and just so you know my fav team isn't OKC its the kings
but they suck so i like OKC

Lakers have won 16 championships and OKC bearly has one. Who sucks?

LA only one 6 not 16
and OKC is a new team soif ur talking about the supersonics then thats diff

but Perkins is bad (ruins the team)

go watch game 3 of OKC vs. SPURS

alright the next game in the spurs Vs. OKC in about five minutes, time for the spurs to win again and my dad looked it up when we were in this situation and no team has ever won a series after being 3-0 so when the spurs win this will you guys finally accept defeat
~manly man

first
OKC won so its 2-1 not 3-0

second
OKC is a new team
but if u are talkind about the seattle supersonics that a different story

It's not going to be 3-0, OKC is a strong too and will put up a fight. This will drag to Game 6 or 7.

ur right okc didn't just win
they crushed the sours
102-82
i say it will end on game 7
okc needs to win 4 in a row to end on game 6
well they just 1 so 3 more
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Manu Ginobili is a huge flopper

but he is still an excellent player.
I do not know who will come out of the West, probably Spurs in 7, but I think its a given that Miami beats the Celtics. I hate Lebron, but love D-Wade so I'm a little bit of a Heat fan but I live in AZ so I am a Western Conference man fall the way. Being a Suns fan (I know, we suck) I hate the Spurs, but that does not make them a bad team. Age has done nothing to them and they continue to blow my mind with their experience, but I believe the Thunder have more skill. Therefore I believe that the Spurs will win it in 7 and match up against Miami in the Finals. after that it depends on how Bosh is doing. If Bosh comes back 100% then Miami loses to Spurs in 6 or 7. But if he doesn't come back like that then the Spurs take it in 5 or 6.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

do not know who will come out of the West, probably Spurs in 7, but I think its a given that Miami beats the Celtics. I hate Lebron, but love D-Wade so I'm a little bit of a Heat fan but I live in AZ so I am a Western Conference man fall the way. Being a Suns fan (I know, we suck) I hate the Spurs, but that does not make them a bad team. Age has done nothing to them and they continue to blow my mind with their experience, but I believe the Thunder have more skill. Therefore I believe that the Spurs will win it in 7 and match up against Miami in the Finals. after that it depends on how Bosh is doing. If Bosh comes back 100% then Miami loses to Spurs in 6 or 7. But if he doesn't come back like that then the Spurs take it in 5 or 6.

iam also a LBJ hater and DW lover
i disagree with the fact cuz age is a factor
esspecially with injuries
i think thunder will win in 6 or 7 cuz they just tripped the spurs
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I totally agree with you.

Kobe still also had the tank in him, he's losing it this year you have to admit.

Give him a better squad and he'll have a better overall season than LeBron.

lucky shot

Shot? You mean SHOTS lol.

LA only one 6 not 16

lmao, since when the NBA was first founded it's been 16 champoinships.

second
OKC is a new team

And so were the Lakers, but you didn't take that into consideration when you said "Lakers suck" did you?

It's not a factor. Look at how much work Jeff Teaque did to the Celtics when he's like 23 I think. Look at how much work Westbrook did to the Lakers.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Yes age is a factor, but obviously not to the Spurs. They had the best record in the League and had won 20 straight until the other night. nontheless OKC has spirit so i think they will take it to 7 games, but with Home Court advantage I believe the Spurs will win.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's not a factor. Look at how much work Jeff Teaque did to the Celtics when he's like 23 I think. Look at how much work Westbrook did to the Lakers.

I was thinking if Jeff Teague gets to the lakers...he might be pretty good. And then a add some more better people for the bench and starting lineup.
but u no OKC just had a bad game 1

Going on the road is like the going against the Spurs X2 because of the fans. But the OKC fans are much more energetic and crazy.

Honestly, I think Celtics have a chance. Only if then win this next one though or else it's it.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Going on the road is like the going against the Spurs X2 because of the fans. But the OKC fans are much more energetic and crazy.

I totally agree with you. Their stadium is always packed inside and out which makes it almost impossible for OKC to lose with all their fans being pumped up.

I was thinking if Jeff Teague gets to the lakers...

Oh God. He'll have a great season if he joins the Lakers, I mean he really doesn't have anyone up to his level in the Hawks and I would choose him over Sessions anyday. I think his contract ends this year or next year.
luisc17
luisc17
21 posts
Jester

The team that win away, will go to the finals. Now they are tie.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Shot? You mean SHOTS lol.

thank you mr.grammar

And so were the Lakers, but you didn't take that into consideration when you said "Lakers suck" did you?

they do
and the lakers are not a new team
OKC has been a team for like 8 years
the lakers have been a team for like forever

well hes not that old
the spurrs have more oldies

Yes age is a factor, but obviously not to the Spurs. They had the best record in the League and had won 20 straight until the other night. nontheless OKC has spirit so i think they will take it to 7 games, but with Home Court advantage I believe the Spurs will win.

even though im rudind for OKC i think that is true
hopefully the 20 game win streak tripup will slow them down

I was thinking if Jeff Teague gets to the lakers...he might be pretty good. And then a add some more better people for the bench and starting lineup.

see he agrees

yah that true

Oh God. He'll have a great season if he joins the Lakers, I mean he really doesn't have anyone up to his level in the Hawks and I would choose him over Sessions anyday. I think his contract ends this year or next year.

the lakers need another good player so yah

The team that win away, will go to the finals. Now they are tie.

yah i agree the tem will win
cuz they have that guy
and they do that thing oh
and they have that other guy too
oh and they have that thing
lol

yah but the thunder are tied 2-2 with the spus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

you guys hear? duncan is retiring after this year so that sucks

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Anyone seeing the Celtic and Heat game? Looks like it's going to be 2-2. There threes are falling from all directions.

I didn't hear about that but I think they'll be alright without Duncan. Remember this season Manu missed a lot of games but they still kept rolling and were the best in the league for the regular season.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

i didn't hear but
BOOO YYYYYAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I didn't hear about that but I think they'll be alright without Duncan. Remember this season Manu missed a lot of games but they still kept rolling and were the best in the league for the regular season

true but hes not as good as duncan
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Anyone seeing the Celtic and Heat game? Looks like it's going to be 2-2. There threes are falling from all directions.

The Celtics hardly lose in their homecourt and so do the Heat. It's really about the home advantage in this year's playoffs.

they do
and the lakers are not a new team
OKC has been a team for like 8 years

The Lakers have a new coach and coaching staff, they lost all their good players, they don't have the same training staff so that basically makes them a new team.

He's reached the age of retirement so I really don't blame him.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

The Celtics hardly lose in their homecourt and so do the Heat. It's really about the home advantage in this year's playoffs.

i doubt it wont but i hope it does n;t affest the western confrence

The Lakers have a new coach and coaching staff, they lost all their good players, they don't have the same training staff so that basically makes them a new team.

that doesn't mean they lose their championships
plus new coaches and staff should be a good thing (unless ur mike brown)
it was his stupid falult for trading fisher and odom

He's reached the age of retirement so I really don't blame him.

how old is he
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

look at this celtics just won the game
both series are tied 2-2

Showing 31-45 of 456