ForumsThe TavernNostalgia

63 23398
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I found this site last year.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html
I used to be a big Radio Shack customer back in the middle 80's all the way to 1994.
I bought Speakers, a tape player, some expensive (at the time) headphones The Optimus Pro 70(I still use them), an equalizer, a couple electronic kits, resistors, batteries packs, antennas, etc.
On the site, you can actually flip the pages of the catalogs.
I spent at least 3 hours one evening just looking at them.
It's amazing to be able to see the changes in technology over the decades from 1940 to 2000.

It brings back lots of good memories to me.
Anyway post your nostalgic memories here. Share the links if they exists so that we can see them.

• 63 Replies
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Searching for the title of the game you always play in the arcade when you were a kid and seeing/learning the title of the game on the internet and some gameplay videos of it as well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I miss the time when I spent my entire week-ends searching and buying vinyls and used books at this store that was as big as a Sam's club.
I rode my bike on Saturday morning, locked it on a stop sign post right in front of the store, went inside and searched for stuff until lunch time, went back home to eat, came back to the store until diner time and do the same thing until the store closed at 9 pm. I'd go back on Sunday to finish my search.
Man I miss that, the musty smell of old books, the creaking steps going downstairs.

Now when I look for a used book I buy it on Amazon. It's so not the same. :/

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Until high school I always listen to music on the radio from Polytron Grand Bazzoke, purchased by my father. Good times.

Showing 61-63 of 63